General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Gas prices and new muscle cars.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a 2003 used hyundai accent for 5 grand and it only has 44000 miles on it. Great condition Had the 100,000 mile warranty and it already runs great. Estimated mpg is 28 city/35 highway, so i am happy with my purchase because of high gas prices. Now that I am spending less on my regular gas tank car, I can put more into my weekend Z28 which still gets good gas mileage itself. Win/win situation. I'd recommend anyone to get a gas friendly car if they have a suped up muscle car.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with alot of what's been said. First, people who are willing to spend 30k+ on a car aren't too concerned with gas money. Also, it's not like 20mpg+ is horrible. It is when you compare it to Toyotas getting 60+ that it doesn't look so great. Gas will have to get over $5 or $6 and stabilize there for it to have any real threat I think. The bottom line is people love these cars and will go a little bit further to have them than somone buying a vw bug. If a bug got 15mpg I don't think anyone would buy them, let's put it that way.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

+1 ^, I think if you can afford the car and ins. then you should be able to afford the fuel for it too. If your like me I just bought my wife a 07 Ion Redline so she can save gas money so i can spend it. IMO letting someone else drive the smaller car that saves gas for me is way better.