General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

For the Jackasses

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For the Jackasses

I have noticed that when I wash my car and 1. leave it running when I wash it (normally only happens that way, maybe its coincidence?) (I leave the a/c on, temp doesnt get bad, the fans go on-off-on-off as I am washing it so I know the temp is fine).

The car squeeks from the front end REALLY BAD! for a while (until it dries off?) 2. It does it braking, accelerating, going over a bump, slow/fast, doesnt matter, sounds HORRIBLE! but other times its just fine. What could I possibly be getting wet that would do this?

Let me preface this for you: Get the **** off my nuts unless you are blowing me.

Now let me explain that for those of you who cannot read. When I wash it and leave it running I spend less than 5 minutes doing it. Plenty of you bitch about sitting in traffic stopped while running for a lot longer than that (usually you whine about your 6-speed because you haven't seen a gym in 20 years and your leg is quivvering). Get over it. I said WASH, not DETAIL.

Second. I said while BRAKING as well as GOING OVER A BUMP. I'm sorry, I have no idea how you all have your serpentine belts rigged. Mine doesn't control any suspension components.

Third. If all you are here to do is bitch and nitpick about my thread, please, read it, keep it to yourself, and move on.

Fourth. This is my opinion, just like you gave me yours, this is mine. I belive the man who said "Every man has the right to speak his mind; and every other man has the right to knock him down for it." Touche.

Point in case, unless you can contribute to (or in this case, soon lock) a thread of mine:
Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if you get the brakes wet they are gonna squeek alittle at first, but as for bumps could be some bad bushings in the swaybars or something simple like that. How long has it been since you changed brake pads?? they could be worn and causing the squeek, metal to metal. Oh and go have a beer to chill alittle.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
Well if you get the brakes wet they are gonna squeek alittle at first, but as for bumps could be some bad bushings in the swaybars or something simple like that. How long has it been since you changed brake pads?? they could be worn and causing the squeek, metal to metal. Oh and go have a beer to chill alittle.
Brake pads are new. My thought is sway-bar bushing but wondered if someone had first-hand experience with this exact issue. It irritates me but I am not going on a mad witch hunt to find it.

I cooked and ate some salmon (lemon pepper/Black pepper/lemon juice/Parkay/Parsley/ mad technique to make the 3 filets moist enough that I ate all 3 with only 2 sips from the drink and my roommate ate his filet without a drink). Perfection. Anywho, feeling better.

Meh, gearing up to cook a meal for the Girlfriend
Old 05-05-2007, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Just food for though, my car has a "popping" noise, sounds similar to your squeaking.

I put my car up on a lift and checked out the front end, I could not for the world of me figure out what it was. All I knew was that it only happened either, when it rained, when it was really cold, or when I washed it.

I finally figured out that it was the bushing in the front end. The upper and lower aarms. They were completely shot...falling apart basically. I have yet to replace them with the polyurethane kit that I bought, but I have talked to many people that say this will fix my problem.

Other than that it *might* be your ball joints. I hope that helps man. Goodluck.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Trunion King

What brake pads do you have? I have hawk pads, they're new and they squeeks. They are notorious for squeeking btw.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Old 05-05-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

good god, u complain about ur car every other day, get rid of the car and find a new hobby
Old 05-05-2007, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
[I]
Let me preface this for you: Get the **** off my nuts unless you are blowing me.

Plenty of you bitch about sitting in traffic stopped while running for a lot longer than that (usually you whine about your 6-speed because you haven't seen a gym in 20 years and your leg is quivvering).
These two statements were the best you have EVER made!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Veteran

wheres the drama llama?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000LS1TA
These two statements were the best you have EVER made!!!
From the heart

I know the ball-joint popping you refer too (other poster). I have owned/driven a crown vic that did the same thing. This is very different. Hard to explain. Brakes make a stuck hog sound (for lack of better term). This sounds like what a glass rod would sound like before it snapped (I can only explain it in a visual sense).

It sounds like something VERY RIGID being flexed, like ice breaking up on a nature show about glaciers or something. Hard to explain but maybe it is the front sway-bar bushings. They see a lot of "spring" tension from the swaybar up front.

The brake pads are Wagoner (sp*) Thermoquiet. Rotors are turned and feel glass smooth when braking. No warp. If you get out and push down on the front fender you can hear the "squeek" too. Car on or off, doesn't matter.

If I don't find it I am not going to **** a brick. I just made the other thread because I thought maybe someone else experienced this too. Ls1tech has saved me a lot of time tracking little **** down. I was hoping for a quick fix or a "nature of the beast" comment or something. What I got was 90% BS. Must admit, I got a bit pissed. Oddly it only does it when I wash the car when it is running (5 minute car-wash deal) and I thought maybe the fans/belt/something slung water where it normally would not be able to get or something.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Veteran

well do you spray your wheel wells?

go look in them at the upper A arms and see if you find cracked bushings.

lower A arms you will hear the squeak when you go over potholes or uneven road. usually if its during braking you get your front end nose-dive and if it squeaks then its your upper A arm bushings.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BLKWS.6,
First off as you have been told SEVERAL times , this is NOT the forum for tech related questions. Obviously , you are too ******* stupid for that to sink in your tiny brain.

Secondly , you can drop the attitude RIGHT NOW. Contrary to what you think, this is a privately owned forum , there are rules and free speech does NOT apply here. You are teetering on the edge of banned, do you understand that?

Third , you are not the only F-body owner , there are plenty of SEARCHABLE topics to answer most of your questions.

Consider this your LAST warning before you get a vacation from here. ENOUGH!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:57 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

I agree with badjuju342.

BLKWS.6, there is no reason for you to get such an attitude. I suggest you calm the hell down. There is no need to be calling people jackasses. Acting like this will get you nowhere on this site. Period.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Please, at least post this retarded ******* threads in the right forums