General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Girls and Muscle Cars..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
Well I am getting my wife a 03 cobra vert. She can bang the gears pretty well. By doing this I will be able to do what ever I want to the TA now.
damn our plans are the same .very weird
Old 05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

My wife could care less about my cars, and doesn't want to drive them, but she usually doesn't mind if I get on it when she's in the car, and she doesn't care how much time I spend messing around with them or on LS1tech. I count my blessings.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

ive been with my girl a little over a year and she has not even once gotten behind the wheel even joking.... no one drives my car except one friend of mine who has been involved in muscle his whole life so i give him halfway trust.... but besides that no one drives it, end of story lol
Old 05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my GF has an 01 Camaro vert v6. I have let her drive it twice, but only thru residential rodes. i trust her cuz she drives one, but as for the power she is way too scared of going past 30mph!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Launching!

my girlfriend drove my car once, i was drinking so i gave her the keys when we left my buddies house..she was so timid and scared of it she drove like a grandma, but pretty damn good get first time.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Launching!

haha I won't let my Boy friend drive my LS1
he's used to driving 4 bangers, he would probably do the same thing she did lol

or wreak it lmao
Old 05-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Teching In

well i dont know whats with you guys and havin probs lettin your girl drive your car but **** yeah muscle cars are bomb to drive!!! cant wait to get mine
Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

lol crazy
Old 05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by the_merv
Yea, you aren't lyin about these things being squirrely..I am hoping a 9" in the back will kinda stop that from happenin as much, but I'm goin to be pushin alot more power through it..

dnt count on it mine did nothing haha. but now i can support the power =]
Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My girlfriend bought herself a brand new 2004 Neon 5-speed back in late 2003.
When she bought the car she had never driven a manual transmission before.
Her mom and I kept trying to teach her how to drive the car, but no matter how
hard we tried to teach her she just couldn't get it. We were going to have to take the car back to the dealership and trade it in for an automatic. She kept practicing and in less than 1 week she was rowing the little neon pretty good! She drove it for awhile and got used to it. One day, she begged me to let her drive my old LT1 car with the SPEC 4 clutch. Believe it or not, she did just fine! She could row through the gears just as good as me! I eventually sold that car and bought my current LS1 car. I let her drive it when it was lid and catback only. And of course, she did fine. Now that I have some mods and the Ram Powergrip HD clutch she does excellent too.

I particularly don't like her to drive my cars, but she does just fine and can really row thru the gears. I just don't want her to show me up
Old 05-11-2007, 11:54 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Since I became owner, the only person other than me to drive it was my brother. Since he accompanied me when I went to purchase it, I let him drive it back to my place. An acquaintance may get to drive it if I end up using his help when I do some work on the car. He’s a car guy. I do not envision letting anyone else besides this guy and my brother drive it.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by the_merv
I just said to get a feel for it, she felt it..
Old 05-12-2007, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
dnt count on it mine did nothing haha. but now i can support the power =]
Yea, it's a heavy setup, no question about that..
Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JKDZ28
My girlfriend bought herself a brand new 2004 Neon 5-speed back in late 2003.
When she bought the car she had never driven a manual transmission before.
Her mom and I kept trying to teach her how to drive the car, but no matter how
hard we tried to teach her she just couldn't get it. We were going to have to take the car back to the dealership and trade it in for an automatic. She kept practicing and in less than 1 week she was rowing the little neon pretty good! She drove it for awhile and got used to it. One day, she begged me to let her drive my old LT1 car with the SPEC 4 clutch. Believe it or not, she did just fine! She could row through the gears just as good as me! I eventually sold that car and bought my current LS1 car. I let her drive it when it was lid and catback only. And of course, she did fine. Now that I have some mods and the Ram Powergrip HD clutch she does excellent too.

I particularly don't like her to drive my cars, but she does just fine and can really row thru the gears. I just don't want her to show me up
hey man...i pass through ur town about twice a year .....when i go on leave
Old 05-12-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
ive been with my girl a little over a year and she has not even once gotten behind the wheel even joking.... no one drives my car except one friend of mine who has been involved in muscle his whole life so i give him halfway trust.... but besides that no one drives it, end of story lol
That's exactly how I am.

I have two best friends that I have known almost my entire life and are like brothers to me. They have both been around 'muscle cars' all their lives. I have let both them drive my car and encourage them to get on it.

I tried to get my girlfriend to drive my Z/28 when it was stock so she could learn to drive a manual. She was always scared and after the 4.10s and spec3 clutch I stopped trying to get her to learn. I don't think I would trust her with my SS...especially since she has NEVER driven a manual car at this point.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:56 AM
Staging Lane

im contemplating wether or not to let my g/f drive my car. shes been at me about it for a while now saying "i wanna drive the ss" so ive been easing her into it by letting her shift while i drive and so far so good. shes drives a 1.8 litre 5 spd man lancer and is fairly rough with the changes so that worrys me. i still remember when she said it wasnt that fast

i took her out to some back roads launched from a stand still and launched hard to 200 clicks she never said that again. now she just hates the high flow noise on back off
Old 05-14-2007, 05:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the girl im dating wont drive my car....doesnt see the point in it....shes used to driving an exploder....BUT those female hormones kick in around 130....
Old 05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

i let my girlfriend drive my Z06, i really couldnt care
Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Launching!

My first car was a muscle car, my second was one and my third was one. I have never owned a "regular" car hehe. I would say that most girls aren't used to it but I personally love it and wouldn't give up the muscle for anything.
I think most women don't care what engine they have, it's just the name of the car like the mustang. I see many women flying around me in those v6 mustangs with their convertible tops down thinking the own some serious power. I sometimes have to put them in their place.
And by the way I wouldn't let my boyfriend drive my car, no one touches my car.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

The wife and I both drive the Trans Am and she is a very good driver. I trust her completely to know what she can/can't do in any circumstance.