General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Girls and Muscle Cars..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My g/f owns an fbody and runs our local club, so not the same...
Old 05-16-2007, 04:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah the only person I'll let drive it is my friend I served in Iraq with, who is an awesome mechanic and we bought pretty much the same cars when we got home, black on black SSes. When mine was together we used to switch just for fun to change things up. It is really cool because they are both fairly low milage and you can compare mods and how the car is performing. Plus the sound of both motors singing together can be intimidating when turing 4K. Man I want to get my car fixed......
Old 05-16-2007, 05:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

What's wrong with your car?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by the_merv
What's wrong with your car?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...75#post7037175
Old 05-16-2007, 06:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm in the minority here. Mine has driven mine many times. First time she drove it we were sideways for a good 100 yds.

I should also mention that her daily driver is a M6 01 WS6. Her best time so far is 12.96. I want her to get a little more seat time before taking mine down the strip but I'm sure she'll race it someday. She's only made a handfull of passes so far. I don't know that I want her jump right into a 1.4-1.5 60' car (10.9 in 1/4).

I don't feel any different about any of my guy friends driving than her. If anything I trust her more.

I'd say she's a keeper.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

I'll let whoever drive my car, definatley not worth fighting with a g/f about, plenty of other things lol, (I didn't let a girl I know drive it once when I first got it and it wasn't worth it, I don't get to drive her mustang now)...I have insurance on it...It's just a 10k dollr piece of metal...and I can always get a new one...most people drive better than me anyway, I've hit probly 10 things lightly from sliding off a road or spining into a mailbox...dents and scratches=memories ....and a stock ls1 isn't really packing that much power...I let my 16 year old brother drive it when I'm drunk and he does ok, spins the tires a lot but I've got re-treads on it now, that was the point of me getting re-treads. I feel it is my duty to let everyone enjoy my car like I do.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Talking

I feel like I am in the minority here.
My longterm ex-GF bought a 02 Z28 M6 on my recommendation, she learned to drive stick on that car and has done quite well for herself with it.

My current live-in GF and I just bought the B4C automatic listed below (because she couldn't be bothered to drive standard... I tried) and she likes it just fine. She calls it her "sexy car". I always wondered why it gets such great gas mileage when she drives it? Then I realized she ***** foots around in the thing when she drove me home from work the other day. Good use of 300hp, eh?

I won't have a woman in my life who doesn't appreciate the hobby.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

My BF HATES my car, and wont even ride it it, let alone drive it. And you know that 99% of the guys I hang out with let me drive their cars. Driving other peoples more powerful cars helped me figure out what mods I wanted.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm 16- no g.f of mine at this age will ever drive my car.. ever ridden w/ a 16 yr. old driver, let alone a 16yr. old girl in a 300hp car? I'm not saying guys would be any better. Most guys get in wrecks for screwing around, from my exp. most girls get in wrecks b.c of not paying attention. Around here much more guys crash then girls tho. Doesn't sway my opinion either way, no one drives my car but me and my bro, whos 19, and sometimes that makes me nervous as hell
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

I don't even like my wife riding in mine...she just bitches at me constantly if I do anything besides drive like an old man. She keeps telling me I'm too old to drive aggressively. Screw that.

Yet when i ride with her in her car, she tailgates people and drives me nuts.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Your Best off to wreck it yourself. The chances go up dramaticly when someone else hops in your beast.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Veteran

uh yea i wouldnt be laughing i woul be freakin out
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

NEWFLASH: Its just a car!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

I went to see this chick the other day and pulled up in my '69 so she jumped straight in the car and begged for a ride which was cool. But the second I start it up she says it sounds like a boat like it was a compliment lol. So we went sideways through an intersection or two with her screaming her brains out which I kinda expected. Then I take her back to her house in my freaking V6 Grand Am and at the same stop sign she got all tense expecting me to do the same thing in my front wheel drive turd.

I actually kind of like chicks that don't know anything about cars as long as they say call the nice ones "pretty" or something and they brag on yours to other people . I wouldn't let a chick drive either of mine unless I was getting serious *** from her and she knew what she was in for.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CockerKid009
I'm 16- no g.f of mine at this age will ever drive my car.. ever ridden w/ a 16 yr. old driver, let alone a 16yr. old girl in a 300hp car? I'm not saying guys would be any better. Most guys get in wrecks for screwing around, from my exp. most girls get in wrecks b.c of not paying attention. Around here much more guys crash then girls tho. Doesn't sway my opinion either way, no one drives my car but me and my bro, whos 19, and sometimes that makes me nervous as hell
I Beg to DIFFER
If I knew you, I can gaurantee youd let me drive your 300HP car, since mine is a little faster then that, now that I have my bolt on's :]
But I've always OWNED fast cars, and I am only 16 too.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

chuckles... sounds like the making of puppy love hehe

Wow where were girls like this as I grew up
Old 05-19-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _LS1_
I Beg to DIFFER
If I knew you, I can gaurantee youd let me drive your 300HP car, since mine is a little faster then that, now that I have my bolt on's :]
But I've always OWNED fast cars, and I am only 16 too.
Well your 16 so i highly doubt you've owned/driven ALOT of fast cars or had much experience in them. No offense.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
Well your 16 so i highly doubt you've owned/driven ALOT of fast cars or had much experience in them. No offense.
I've actually been driving since I was 11.
My first car that I bought and paid for was a 90 RS with a Z engine... and that is because I wanted a car to build for my car when I turned 16. But my parents ended up in a divorce and my mom asked me if she could sell my car so we could make a payment to keep a house to live in.
[My dad used to own a shop here in town and from when I was 4 -11, I used to work in there with him he taught me enough] then I had a 88GT Fiero [Not all that fast but I loved it], a 95 5speed Stang [sixer with some mods, beat alot of 8's here in town] then an 03cobra :] and then my Trans am.
It's enough. and every car had mods lol.
Don't doubt the power of a 16yr old girl

But yeah that is what I've had, so you make your decision :]
Old 05-19-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

like i said above haha man o man had ya been my prom date we prolly would aspent most o the night at the races in dc haha..
Old 05-20-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

kinda funny this comes up i was at hooters today and somehow got on the topic of cars with the waitress and she asked what i drove i told and she asked if i was picky about who i let drive my car and i told her yes as in me im the only person that drive my car. my gf wants to drive my car then made the mistake of asking if i would teach her how to drive stick lol the answer was a very quick no. my mom owns an a4 02ws6 and i wont let her drive my car. more or less i bought my car with the money i earned from being in iraq and ill be damned if someone other than me ***** up my car.