General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

last time I go to have work done at a shop...please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last time I go to have work done at a shop...please read

Okay, so this all started a couple months ago in february when I brought my car to a shop to have suspension/chassiswork done and to remove my driveline. here is the parts list that was going to be installed. I previously purchased all the parts myself and was just going to have them installed by a shop.

- Spohn k member
- HAL shocks all around with 300 lb front springs
- BMR weld on subframes
- Front bushing and balljoints for stock arms
- Wolfe rear sway bar - chrome moly
- Wolfe panhard rod
- Wolfe tunnel brace mounted torque arm - chrome moly
- Wolfe double adjustable rear LCAs, offset with 1/2 inch bolts
- Rear v8 springs
- Moser 9 inch rear - spool, 35 spline axles, 3.50 gears, 1/2 inch studs, no

ABS

they quoted me at 1500 - 1800 to do the work and a time quote for 1 week.

so I bring them the car and everything is going good. about a week into it I stop by and all that is done to the car is they removed my motor, tranny, and driveshaft, and installed my k member. They said that they have been busy or whatever so its taking them longer than expected.

to make a long story short I stopped by once every week for 7 weeks and the car still sat with the motor and tranny out, and NO work was being done to it. they just kept giving me bullshit excuses as to why the car wasnt done. Finally I go down on the 7th week and tell them I want the car back so I could take it somewhere else.

then they give me an invoice for 1200$ for taking out my motor and tranny(they said it took them 11 hours), and install k member and my front lower bushings and lower front balljoints(6 hours). I said **** that im giving you 300$ and im taking the car. so i did...

Ill also point out that when I went to go pick the car up they seemed to have "lost" a bracket for my torque arm, and my upper bushings. the other shop I took it to said their was also some damage to my steering rack. Ialso had to pay to have the car towed to another shop. not to mention i was without my car for 7 weeks!

okay. so i get a letter in the mail yesterday from some lawyer saying that they want the other 900 dollers that I owe them and a bunch of other ****.

I am planning on emailing her back telling her my side and basically what i just told you guys(but in more detail of course)

So i just wanted to get some advice and maybe some help on the issue from people that have maybe been in similar situations? I want to gather as much info and other experiences as I can so im not just diving into this blindfolded you know.

thanks for any help guys.

Andrew

Last edited by noregretz999; 05-16-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-16-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

get a lawyer....and get the money back that you already paid+money for the 7 weeks that they had your car sitting there
Old 05-16-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

thats tough, that shop doesnt sound very good, its most likly gonna cost you a lot of money to fight them. but i would get a lawyer, and report to the better business burue. the thing that sucks is they have more time and money than you to fight this.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

get your lawyer and fight it, i sure as hell would i love my car and i dont take **** from someone whos going to dick around with it
Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by styoung
thats tough, that shop doesnt sound very good, its most likly gonna cost you a lot of money to fight them. but i would get a lawyer, and report to the better business burue. the thing that sucks is they have more time and money than you to fight this.
how do I report them to the bbb? do they have a site or a number i can call
Old 05-16-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

^^^ not sure try google im sure you can find something.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Your local chamber of commerce will have the better business bureau's number. Make sure you include all your facts and copies of anything (agreements, receipts.. ect).
Old 05-16-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They might just be fishing with that letter hoping you'll cough up the cash. Did they give you an estimate in writing? A lot of states require it, if they didn't, they probably don't have a leg to stand on.

Go to http://www.bbb.org/ and you'll be able to find your local bbb. But that isn't very effective, cause most people don't research b4 choosing to do business with someone, but what the hey, do it anyway. In your situation, might be better to relay your experience (truthfully of course) to all the car guys you know, especially on local bulletin boards.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

thats bull spit man. if they quoted you a week, i would be there day 7 and be like whats up with my car. id fight it.