General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got pulled over for having my foglights on lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks lol, my worst was when a buddy of mine roasted his tires and filled the road up then took a turn and as i came through the smoke the cops who had just happend to be on the next road over heard it and saw me, well needless to say i got the ticket but a week later he crashed his car so were even lol
Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk97WS6
If a cop pulled me over for that, and was wearing jeans and a T-shirt, i would have called is department and got his *** in trouble just for wasting my time.
I agree, total BS law and stop. But there is no way you could have gotten him in trouble. He didn't do anything wrong. State cops, at least, do not have to be on duty to enforce the law, as long as they can identify themselves as a state trooper (ie lights/sirens, badge, etc). My dad's a state trooper and I have been with him in his cruiser when he has pulled people over for speeding, etc, off duty and in street clothes. He doesn't need the uniform.

But again, I agree 100% that it was a total waste of time for both of you and that it is a BS law.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I agree, total BS law and stop. But there is no way you could have gotten him in trouble. He didn't do anything wrong. State cops, at least, do not have to be on duty to enforce the law, as long as they can identify themselves as a state trooper (ie lights/sirens, badge, etc). My dad's a state trooper and I have been with him in his cruiser when he has pulled people over for speeding, etc, off duty and in street clothes. He doesn't need the uniform.

But again, I agree 100% that it was a total waste of time for both of you and that it is a BS law.
but you have to understand that this guy was on duty and was wearing his "uniform"....
Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed on the part that he just wanted to see if there were any other major infractions. I was pulled over the other day for having the bracket that surrounds your license plate, apparently it's a federal highway law (and it is). Just was odd that that was the SOLE reason he stopped me, in the middle of rush hour traffic... btw I was in my mom's altima

-J
Old 05-18-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aaron653
but you have to understand that this guy was on duty and was wearing his "uniform"....
Exactley. Thats what he would possibly get in trouble for.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Launching!

So, you were driving at night with only your fog lights on?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats the craziest reason I have heard anyone being pulled over. I was a police officer for about three and thats illellegal unless you have a state law that says something about having your foglights on but I doubt it. I would file a complaint to the police dept and see what happens.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had this happen to me a month ago in a small town also. I had always kept them on along with the headlight switch so I wouldn't have to turn 2 separate switches on. Was on my way to work @ 6:30 in the morning, it was still a little dusk & even slightly foggy. Cop passes me & then flips a u-turn. Comes up behind me at the stop sign & never hits his lights. I turn & start goin & he turns behind me. Then hits his lights about 50ft down the next street.

I ask him what the problem is when he walks up. His reply was "I pulled you over for your foglights". To which I looked around to let him know I was wonderin why the hell it mattered & then I said "ok, but why? It's still dusk & slightly foggy." He then proceeds to tell me that since the sun is comin up I shouldn't be running them, LOL.

He goes back & run my stuff. Comes back & says I got 3 things wrong. I'm lookin around again like WTF now. My liscense was expired(my bad), current insurance I gave him had just expired but I had a new one at home I hadn't put in the car(again my bad) & lastly he proceeds to tell me my car doesn't exist. I can't help from bustin out laughin. I told him he must have ran something wrong & hand him my papers from just getting the car tagged in December.

He ended up letting me go with a firm "get your liscense fixed & your current ins. in the car." I was very suprised he didn't write me 3 tickets at least.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I didn't notice it said he was on duty. How do you know he was on duty, haha?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe he thought you were cute and wanted to frisk you.

HAHAH
Old 05-18-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
lastly he proceeds to tell me my car doesn't exist. I can't help from bustin out laughin. I told him he must have ran something wrong & hand him my papers from just getting the car tagged in December.
That's ******* hilarious
Old 05-18-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Guess it was a REALLY small town, huh? Cops with nothing better to do probably. I don't see how having them ON is a bad thing...I almost always have my foglights on...no problems here.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wtf?

how is this possible, they might as well just ban daytime running lights.

******* pigs. it never ends.

and lol @ wranglers.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should call up a local State Police office and just ask them what the law is. Im sure they will put a trooper on the phone and he can explain it to you. Ive never heard of anything like that, up here in PA I know that they like it when you have some form of light on weather it is headlights or fog lights, it makes you alot more visible. Interesting
Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

What state was this in? You can probably access all of the traffic laws in you state on the internet.
I know of no law like that in Florida
Old 05-18-2007, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Next time you should get the officer's badge number, and just call the station and speak to either the sheriff or someone in charge. I think the cop that pulled you over either fucked up, or was intentionally harassing you. Either way, he was an idiot. This is the sort of cop you report, get badge numbers and call it in.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

You were staring at his piece weren't you.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Launching!

It is a little dumb law in Oklahoma. Especially if you were in a rural area. So all of you that are calling the officer dumb need to just be quiet and not be offensive towards him please. Respect the law, even if they are wearing wranglers at the time (lol, that is just weird).
Old 05-18-2007, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

What a tool tell him to go back to the 80's
Old 05-18-2007, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

I wouldnt have turned them off!!!!!!!!!!!

He can go to ................

Quick Reply: got pulled over for having my foglights on lol