General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got pulled over for having my foglights on lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
I don't know if you ever took 5 grade social studies or not... but I'll help you out. Cops don't make laws.
i think you might have read it wrong..i think he was saying that the stupid laws make cops look bad
Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by aaron653
i think you might have read it wrong..i think he was saying that the stupid laws make cops look bad
Why? Wouldn't they make legislators look bad?

Is the waiter who brings you your steak responsible because the cook overcooked it?

I'm not saying it's not a stupid law, it definitely is.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Louie83
Maybe he did it on a dare?

They just got done watching Super Troopers.
hahah
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

I guess because cops are the ones out there enforcing it, representing that "law", it kind of makes them come across in a negative way.

Theres laws and then there's crazy insane. This fog light law of jerkwater wherever USA is crazy insane.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by u lose
"the shnozberries taste like shnozberries" haha

i got a ticket for talking to my friend outside a walmart after i just got done shopping there. cop said i was hanging in the parking lot to long!! huge d*ckhead!

i got another ticket because a cop passed me going the other direction (55mph zone) flipped a u-turn because i looked like i was going fast. he then said he had to go 80 to catch up to me so i must be speeding.......then accused me of driving a stolen truck. it was my dads brand new silverado. then accused me of having drugs in the glove box. they were cologne samples......
Now that is just gay. Ive never heard of such BS. Man if I were you I would move very far away from where you live. Whats funny is up here in PA where I live, the cops really dont bother you unless you really are speeding. Ive passed cops speeding and they never turn around. Funny to hear in different locations of the US the police are a little bit more stronger than others.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Is the waiter who brings you your steak responsible because the cook overcooked it?

I'm not saying it's not a stupid law, it definitely is.
YES, the waiter is responsible. it's their job to bring the RIGHT order. just like it's the up to the cop's discretion to enforce stupid laws or not.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

After reading this I'm going to go punch my buddy (a cop) right in the arm for ya. Plus it just is a good excuse to give him a good shot anyway
Old 05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Teching In

I may have a funnier story than yours...I got pulled over yesterday for crossing the solid yellow line on the road.I had just went thru the McDonald's drive thru,turned the corner,and drove about a quarter mile when my french fries decided to slide across my front seat(94 Caprice)..I went to retrieve them as my car "wandered"about half way past the yellow,when I looked up into the rear view..I saw red and blues!He approached and asked me do you know why I pulled you over?I explained to him what had happened and told him I wasn't the most flexible person he had met with just having a lumbar back fusion surgery.I explained to him that I had my left arm at the top of the wheel and kinda did an opposite effect steering move!I had made sure no one was in the other lane also.He looked at me and asked if I was on any prescription meds that would result in this type of illegal driving performance!He went back to his car,handed back my license,and said that I was good to go!I bet that was a story he brought back to the station!I have a perfect driving record(CDL),and that was probably the reason he cut me loose...lol..!!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1fastTransAm
ahhh great I am most likely moving to OK City area here this fall too. Note to self... carry dip, Budwiser, and various things so I can blend in. but then again my Hawaii tags my stand me out. I may change them back to FL though after my Hawaii ones run out.
wtf? talk about stereotyping lmaoooo,*******...its only funny because its true,we got ALOT of rednecks in OKC,it helps keep it entertaining...hopefully we'll see you this fall
Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
lol Super Troopers

Officer: "Do you know how fast you were going son?"

Kid Driving:"Umm...65??"

Officer "63.."

I love that movie...
"Do you know why I stopped you boys,litering and,litering and, litering and SMOKING THE REEFER"

"I"m freaking out maaaan"
Old 05-23-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
"Do you know why I stopped you boys,litering and,litering and, litering and SMOKING THE REEFER"

"I"m freaking out maaaan"
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO mother of god..im going to watch super troopers TONIGHT
Old 05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
Wranglers were tight, when sitting down in his car it made them even tighter, causing him to lose blood flow thus resulting in a decline in his ability to think clear hence why you were pulled over for having fog lights on
thats why they call them stranglers
Old 05-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

I Got Pulled over Once for having a "CLEAR" Cover over My Licencer Plate. Not a Black or a Smoke a CLEAR. Who Does that ?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:42 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by Camaro Junkie 1
I Got Pulled over Once for having a "CLEAR" Cover over My Licencer Plate. Not a Black or a Smoke a CLEAR. Who Does that ?
tulsa police i had one as well and got pulled over @1:30 and was told they were ill legal i had bought the car a month befor so i told him that and i am now putting it back on because you reminded me about it
Old 05-23-2007, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by aaron653
"I pulled you over because your foglights are on "Meow"...OHP would be writing you a ticket right now but I'm going to let you go...just keep them off" "Meow"
^^ Fixed it for you!

I would call in and complain if I were you, I would even recomend mentioning that he had a strong odor of Pot on his breath..
Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro Junkie 1
ALL license plate covers are illegal, clear or not. The clear ones are basically illegal because they get all yellow and gross (kinda like LS1 Camaro headlights) and people are too STUPID to take them off.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

ALL license plate covers are illegal, clear or not. The clear ones are basically illegal because they get all yellow and gross (kinda like LS1 Camaro headlights) and people are too STUPID to take them off.
You are correct, sir. Move to the head of the class!

I don't agree with it, or like it, but covers and frames are a bored cops best friend. (no I'm not a cop, I've just been pulled over enough to learn).
Old 09-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

I've been pulled over in Oklahoma for having my fogs on too, they say unless you can't see for like XX feet, it is illegal to have them on...They are just looking for an excuse to pull you over to see if you are drunk/act nervous
Old 09-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Teching In

i was pulled over in my truck one night down around lake of the ozarks..needless to say this is about the same story. i was following a blue f150 police truck and he pulled over to the side of the road and as i passed he pulled out behind me and hit the cherries. when he got to my window he was wearing a brown button up shirt with a badge and wranglers. but he tried to tell me that you have to drive in the lowest light setting when you are around traffic.

that doesnt make since because on most car when you hit the brights your fogs will automatically turn off. this really pissed me off and wasted my time because he wasnt even in a damn car where the lights would have been in his mirrors. he was in a truck sittin the same height as mine
Old 09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a smoked license plate cover on my car. No problems yet. Was pulled over with it on and the trooper said nothing. In the early evening I always run my park lights and fogs until it's getting pretty dark. Was pulled over with them on like that and the cop passed me going the other way so he saw it was like that and had no problem with those either. Then at night I always run my fogs with my headlights.

Quick Reply: got pulled over for having my foglights on lol