General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you refer to your car as an LS1 instead of Camaro/Firebird/Trans am?
Yes - because my engine's badass
54.26%
No - why would i do that
45.74%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Do you refer to your car as an LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just refer to it as my SS
Old 06-02-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I refer to it as a Trans Am, but I always make sure I advertise the LS1. I had someone ask me if LS1 is the name of the car cause I have a chrome LS1 badge on the back of the car. LOL Ive been asked some strange questions about my car/engine
Old 06-02-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When I'm making a reference to comparing performance amongst those somewhat knowledgable. I'll say "An LS1 would outrun it." Meaning anything short of a crewmax truck would probably take it in a race as long as the motor is a stock LS1 or better.

-edit-I remembered people make references to mods done to the motor this way. "lid/catback LS1" "Bolt on LS1" "Heads/cam LS1", still this is all kinda on the basis of what I mentioned above (usually referring to a car that had the LS1 from the factory though.)

A majority of people dont know what an LS1 is, so I usually avoid the confusion that mentioning it brings. Recently a guy I work with assumed that this girls WS6 convertible she just got is faster than my Z simply because of marketing, not likely the case. You know the same SS is faster than Z28 ideology. But not having raced her, I still feel safe to assume my lid/catback car has an advantage over her TA vert (assuming a SLP lid/WS6 catback only). I just told him that her car was heavier and it was the same motor. No point in getting too long winded. If I'm wrong, I've got some **** in the garage that should make me right.

But you start talking about modded cars pretty much only $$$ matters. Someone mentioned LS1 as "destroyer of worlds" earlier. Stock for stock, dollars to performance, he's not too far off. Not much out there in the last 10 years under $30,000 that can crack a 12 with just some tires. As long as you dont crack the rear.

Referring to my car I'll just say "the camaro" or "the Z". I haven't been to a great deal of car show/meetings. If I were in that circumstance I would refer to it as "mine","my car","my camaro","that orange one that looks red cause it's dark(points finger)".

Although being in a situation where you just wasted some honda and he asks you what you have in it. Simply saying LS1 is cool because if he doesnt know (which he probably doesnt since he just acted like he had a chance in his 15 second civic). He'll likely seek out one or more knowledgeable honda buddies to find out what the **** that means.

Last edited by LSWannabe; 06-02-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jond99
I try to talk to people about my motor and (especially ricers) would be like, " watch out for that guy, he's running a vette motor in his camaro." Thats usually where the conversation dies, f*ckin ricer d-bags.
I've lost track of how many times I've heard THAT or something similar by some **** ricer!