General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Annoying Noises!! Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying Noises!! Help

Ok, when im driving, it almost sounds like ur in an airplane, its not tht loud, but i can still hear it, idk if its normal or not. I looked and its coming from directly under drivers seat, by the y pipe. i can also feel heat coming out, and also i feel heat coming out by my feet when im driving, what could cause that? Its not an exhaust leak (doesnt sound like) but it feels like a turbo sound, lol. Any ideas
Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

by the sound you're describing i'd start by checkin front hub bearings and rear axle bearings. i know they're not under the front seat but i'd still check. as for the heat, on a manual car you could get some come up through the shifter hole in the floor but you have an auto so i don't know about that.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

My truck was having the same problem. Then the rear end started ticking more or less. Basically my ring gear was toast then a spider gear or somthing like that went. But the ring gear was the same noise your describing, I described it to everyone at the dealer I work at and that was all their 1st guess. I ended up putting a whole different rear end out of a 95 in. Granted this was on my Nissan truck, but I think it'd still apply to this.