General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Considering Buying A Fullsize Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Considering Buying A Fullsize Truck

So I have been tossing around this idea in the crazy mind of mine. I miss my truck, so I figured, why not have the best of both worlds? I came across this truck here, and 04 RC SB, I am currently trying to get more info from the owner. This is all that is listed, 6.0lq9 motor swap, cam, ls1 heads, ls6 oil pump and rotating assembly, z06valve springs, magnaflow exhaust. He states that it made just over 350 RWHP on the dyno. Does that seem to be accurate? Or a little low even? This motor provide a lot of potential with say an STS turbo kit on it?

Its just a tought at this point in time. I have even been tossing around the idea of the twin turbo fullsize for sale on these forums here. Its only an idea, what do you all think?
Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not my style (lowered a bit to much for me), but hey, if you like it go with it.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am afraid that my "style" is low and will always be that way. I have missed my frame dragging s-10 since the day I sold it. I love my bird, and it would be hard as hell to get rid of it, hence the reason this is only a thought. Getting a full size truck to run in the 11's sounds pretty wicked to me lol
Old 06-10-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Low trucks really isnt my style either but I'll admit its a nice looking truck, if you really like it go for it.

A fast car is respectable even if it is a truck
Old 06-11-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think it looks great all except for the ugly *** wheels. I say go for it with some better looking wheels. I love low trucks as long as they have simple paint jobs and decent wheels, also they don't need stereos that will make your ears bloody. I love them low, clean, and simple. I've been mulling around the idea of cleaning up the body on my DD 87 Nissan pickup dropping it and throwing in a blowing LS1 , but that project will have to wait till I can get a better DD and have my own place.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

those have to be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen....if I were you I would pass on it, find a clean, stock RCSB Sierra(they look much cleaner) w/ a 5.3 or a 4.8 if you plan to go w/ an LQ9, and just build it up your self