General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you consider F-bodies a "kid's car??"

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they're for kids then i guess i will be a kid till i go to the grave lol. i love my lt1 even tho its a pos i still love it , when i get my ls1 i will have the best of both worlds. lt1 will be my dd tho.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
lol i reread it and it actually made me sad thinking about what it would be like losing my f-body. i honestly don't know what i'd do. it's the most valuable possession in he world to me. it's a rare thing to never hate driving, especially in today's world of stop-and-go and rush-rush-rush. there's very few "open roads" anymore where you can take a sunday drive and just relax. whether i'm on one of the few open roads left or whether i'm jammed at rush hour, time spent with my car is time well spent.

i tell myself all the time i'm in love with 3500 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal
choco knows his ****, if it hadnt been for him helping me in my arguement against 560SL (you know who choco) i would have lost my mind, but he chimed in with his great powers of speach and just wooped some *** lol
Old 06-19-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

lol i reread it and it actually made me sad thinking about what it would be like losing my f-body. i honestly don't know what i'd do. it's the most valuable possession in he world to me. it's a rare thing to never hate driving, especially in today's world of stop-and-go and rush-rush-rush. there's very few "open roads" anymore where you can take a sunday drive and just relax. whether i'm on one of the few open roads left or whether i'm jammed at rush hour, time spent with my car is time well spent.

i tell myself all the time i'm in love with 3500 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal

choco knows his ****, if it hadnt been for him helping me in my arguement against 560SL (you know who choco) i would have lost my mind, but he chimed in with his great powers of speach and just wooped some *** lol
Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

"kid's" car? no.

i consider the f-body the car for an adult that doesn't want to grow up. that would be me. i choose to be immature because frankly, it's a lot more fun. i'll be 21 next month and i love revving at random people walking down the street. i love the attention - because i just don't want to grow up.

i live by a single quote: "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional." the day i "grow up" is the day i get old and lose that youthful spark. i don't want that to ever happen, and i plan on keeping my f-body until the day i die if it's possible. i'll never freely sell this car.

i call my f-body "my drunken corvette." that's exactly what f-bodys are. they're the corvette's younger, punkass little brother full of rattles, creeks, vibrations - and i love every damn minute of it.

besides, we have something the corvette crowd will never have: an awesome community. so many corvettes are bought by old men having a midlife crisis, cocky businessmen and people that just think they're the hot ****. when i meet up with a guy at a light in an f-body, we can immediately spark a conversation (i had a great one yesterday with a cool guy in a H/C LT1 - badass car). we have an awesome community and we all seem to share a lot in common. not many car communities are like the f-body community.
I think you put a tear in my eye too. I totally agree with everthing. Every F-Body I run into conversation sparks like a California wild fire. **** rattles in my car constantly, but I love it, its like its speaking to me.

Im 24 also, I do see alot of younger owners that own them, and thats only because of being on here, imagine all the older people that dont know about this site that own F-bodys, I dont think its a teenager car at all, now I see teens drool at my car when they see it, i mean come on, any youngster would love to have this car, its great.

Your friends are just trying to get one step ahead of you, but they must not know an LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1. LOL
Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ghardester
I B Fiddy. That's 50 years old for those who need a translation. There are very few really fine F-bodies in my area. But lots of Corvettes driven by people who don't seem to care that much about cars. Vettes are really nice cars, but when I buy my next car I think it will be anther WS6. Just to preserve the line. I will not ever sell the one I've got. Wish I could put it in storage and get a Corvette for the daily driver.
Fiddy here also. The '00 is the second TA I've owned. A black '78 TA was my first brand new car. (RIP) Ya, I thought about Vettes. I like the TA's better. I grew up on cars with carburators, distributors, points and condensers. They were easier to work on, maybe 'cause there was more room in the engine bays then. I can't bend like that anymore. But these gen 3 engines respond so well to simple mods, like a lid. If I were to get a second muscle car, it would be an auto TA for the strip.

Last Sunday at a cruise-in, about 30 Vettes showed up, and about 20 f-bods. Mine was the only gen 4 TA
Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

why cant i see my post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

chocos the man, he definetly knows how to talk because without him when we were having an arguement with some jerkoff, you know who choco (560SL) i wouldnt have been able to by myself but choco comes in there all smooth and all lol.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be the greatest post in the history of LS1tech.

"kid's" car? no.

i consider the f-body the car for an adult that doesn't want to grow up. that would be me. i choose to be immature because frankly, it's a lot more fun. i'll be 21 next month and i love revving at random people walking down the street. i love the attention - because i just don't want to grow up.

i live by a single quote: "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional." the day i "grow up" is the day i get old and lose that youthful spark. i don't want that to ever happen, and i plan on keeping my f-body until the day i die if it's possible. i'll never freely sell this car.

i call my f-body "my drunken corvette." that's exactly what f-bodys are. they're the corvette's younger, punkass little brother full of rattles, creeks, vibrations - and i love every damn minute of it.

besides, we have something the corvette crowd will never have: an awesome community. so many corvettes are bought by old men having a midlife crisis, cocky businessmen and people that just think they're the hot ****. when i meet up with a guy at a light in an f-body, we can immediately spark a conversation (i had a great one yesterday with a cool guy in a H/C LT1 - badass car). we have an awesome community and we all seem to share a lot in common. not many car communities are like the f-body community.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This could quite possibly be the greatest post in LS1tech history.

"kid's" car? no.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dunno, I tend to agree that the F-bodys are "kids cars". Not that it's a bad stigma to have, as I enjoy being an immature jerk as I close in on 40 yers old. Think about it, F-bodys are full of attitude, rough around the edges, ballsy, unrefined, frenetic giggle-inducing, love-'em-or-hate-'em cars. They share many of these traits with teenagers and the F-body was designed to appeal to the younger crowd. Take it as a compliment...
Old 06-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i used to offroad for years. i'll be 21 next month. an adult that doesn't want to grow up. that would be me.
Taco you really do take the cake All of 21 and a man of the world
Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01bird58
Im getting up there in age (24) and most of my friends have been buying used vettes of late. They keep making fun of me for holding onto my "teenager sports car". I don't care too much what they say, but I am curious what your opinions are. I personally love my F-bod and will never part with it.
LMFAO!! Up there in age at 24 huh Where do these kids come from. c5's are cheap these days unless your looking on corvetteforum.com so it's not big deakl if someone buys one. Mod the fbod and tear them a new one.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

I'd rather be told i drive a "kids car" than an "old man's car"
Old 06-20-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

id rather be told i drive a "kid's car" than an "old man's car"
Old 06-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Banned

You guys are killing me. Taco at 20 turning 21 thinks he's an adult and used to offroad for years for years!! LOL, the poster at 24 is getting up there in age

I guess I must be as old as the earth then

Used c5's are a dime a dozen these days unless your looking on corvette forum. They seem to think because they're on a website its ok to ask for 8k more than the cars worth.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

40 here. On my third F-Body. Been in my blood since as long as I can remember. I am sure I will be buried in mine as well. As long as GM doesn't try and make it a front wheel drive car again.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Resident

nah, dont think its a kids car. altough i am 18
Old 06-20-2007, 06:29 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Kids cars are POS rice cars!

I'm 35 and on my 5th f-body. I'll always have an f-body car (knock on wook lol).

I just love them, I guess because I grew up around them.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:15 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,725 Likes on 1,237 Posts

every now and again, i wish to row through the gears. it's a rare event, but some days i just want to do nothing but drive, and i think i'd have a lot of fun with an M6.
7 years ago, one of my M6 LS1 owning friends had me drive around his car for a bit because he thought I'd fall in love with the M6 if I tried it. Well, I really didn't find it any more fun to drive than my auto; it was just different - not better. All about opinion I guess.

on a side note, you're 28? lol i always thought you were like 40 - but in a good way. you've always seemed to clean and presentable. you just don't come off as a young kid like me.
That's due to my job. The ability to be mature and professional when it comes to busniess is a requirement when you're in a leadership role. That's where the clean and presentable side comes from.

But don't be too fooled though, I have another more dirty and nasty side as well. The Chicago guys that know me can attest to that.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 06-20-2007 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Do you consider F-bodies a "kid's car??"