General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you consider F-bodies a "kid's car??"

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 35 and just purchased a 07' C6 Vette. I guess that means I'm going through my midlife crisis with a small *****.

The ricers are what I think of as kid's cars. The f-bodies are still part of a brotherhood to me. I still wave and talk to everyone at the light. I still hangout with my friends who all drive f-bodies. The Camaro just wasn't my dream car. I had wanted a C6 since they came out and had always loved the corvette. I think as a kid going through Bowling Green to the Corvette Musuem hooked me. I just love the look and feel so now that I'm a little more financially able, I thought I would get it. I don't regret it one bit either and the B&B Bullets are going on today for those who said you don't hear exhaust on most Vettes.

Your not a kid for driving a F-body. You just love fast mean cars like everyone else on here. Find new friends

"Big Reg".....I'm finally glad to know that I'm the 1% that can drive the Vette. Now I have bragging rights.

Last edited by ptime54; 06-20-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Well I'll be 45 soon, a while back I past up a vette to by a 02 SS "LE" 6m for my wife. The car is for sale but most guy's who want it are 18 to 24 and find it hard to come up with the money. Many people I know over 35 own F-Bods. I'm in Maryland if you know anyone interested in a low mile 35th Lmt. Edition..all offer's welcome (wife wants SUV).
Old 06-20-2007, 07:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Kids cars are POS rice cars!

I associate Civics, Eclipses, STI's, EVO's and WRX's with youth. But I also consider youth to be 16-24. I consider adults to be 25-40 and usually associate them with F-bodies, Vettes, Mustangs, exotics, ect.

Of course there are exceptions to any rule. It's nice to see young people driving F-bodies but it's also kind of scary to see a 35 year old driving a riced out Civic

F-bodies are not for kids. F-bodies are for anyone who appreciates the cars and the history. Age shouldn't matter.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by darrensls1
F-bodies are not for kids. F-bodies are for anyone who appreciates the cars and the history. Age shouldn't matter.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Kids car? if any of them want to race me we'll see whos got the kids car lol
This is also an even more annoying part, my brother's 02 SS is over a half second faster then any of their vettes and they agree my TA looks better. But thier reasoning why I should get a vette is because "its a corvette". They also have a hard time understanding that I share the same damn engine with them. Now that I think about it, I havn't been hanging out with them as much

[QUOTE 99blancoSS] LOL, the poster at 24 is getting up there in age [QUOTE]

I knew someone was going to say this, all realtive I guess.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ptime54
I'm 35 and just purchased a 07' C6 Vette. I guess that means I'm going through my midlife crisis with a small *****.
Hahaha remember that billboard that was photochoped with the "Corvette" Small *****? that was great, Sorry man, I feel bad for you . Cause fbody owners have mullets and "big ballz"
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

camaro's are no more kid cars then corvette's are mid life crisis mobiles.Like said above its about the brotherhood for me.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

I bought my T/A at age 33. I could have bought a vette if I wanted, but I wasn't sure if I could fit the kid in the trunk. Hence the reason I went with the T/A for therear seats, but don't regret it for one moment
Old 06-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

judging by the age of most responders, I'm starting to think so. I'm amazed on these Camaro forums how many high school kids there are....Mommy and Daddy have taken good care of a lot of you to put you into a nice V8 Fbody with its insurance rates, etc.

I drove junk at that age. 4 cylinder junk from the '70s. I have to admit I'm a little jealous at some. Still at nearly age 37, I'm happy to be in my first Fbody and wished I could have afforded one 15-20 years ago. Over the past few years, I've spent my cash in building up a couple 4x4's, which I still own and enjoy on the weekends.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm 36 and could easilly afford a Vette. Problem is, it wouldn't be practical for a daily driver (baby seat in the back). Not to mention I like the looks of the late model WS6's better.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ptime54

The ricers are what I think of as kid's cars. The f-bodies are still part of a brotherhood to me. I still wave and talk to everyone at the light. I still hangout with my friends who all drive f-bodies. The Camaro just wasn't my dream car. I had wanted a C6 since they came out and had always loved the corvette. I think as a kid going through Bowling Green to the Corvette Musuem hooked me. I just love the look and feel so now that I'm a little more financially able, I thought I would get it. I don't regret it one bit either and the B&B Bullets are going on today for those who said you don't hear exhaust on most Vettes.

Your not a kid for driving a F-body. You just love fast mean cars like everyone else on here. Find new friends

"Big Reg".....I'm finally glad to know that I'm the 1% that can drive the Vette. Now I have bragging rights.
Glad I could help out bud. Those bullets will sound nice. A guy i know has them on his C6. Im prob gonna hit my midlife crisis next year as well and my ***** will shrink a few inches as I will prob splurge for a low mileage 05 C6 if my F-bod is paid off 2.5 yrs ahead of time as planned.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Desert Rat
judging by the age of most responders, I'm starting to think so. I'm amazed on these Camaro forums how many high school kids there are....Mommy and Daddy have taken good care of a lot of you to put you into a nice V8 Fbody with its insurance rates, etc.
Quite the oppsite in fact, most people responding here are not high school age.

Seems most are more like 21-35.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

brand new they were what 27 - 30 grand when i was a teenager i could not even afford a 1000 dollar car.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

I bought my first F-Body at 39. It is an old mans car though, I bought it from an 75 year-old...

Ryph
Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

how many vette owners can show off their cars to 3 people at the same time?! none! because the 2 seater just isnt as good as the 2 + 2 seater f-body has more cargo space, more passanger capacity, better looks and the same power, and they arent associated with the "corvette drivers are ******" stigma. lets not forget the most important thing. F-bodys have T-TOPS!!!

im 21 by the way and just got my Z28 a couple months ago
Old 06-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Teching In

Just remember, when your buddies knock up the girlfriends/ wifes, where is the kid going to sit?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:33 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by darrensls1

I associate Civics, Eclipses, STI's, EVO's and WRX's with youth. But I also consider youth to be 16-24. I consider adults to be 25-40 and usually associate them with F-bodies, Vettes, Mustangs, exotics, ect.

Of course there are exceptions to any rule. It's nice to see young people driving F-bodies but it's also kind of scary to see a 35 year old driving a riced out Civic

Very well put, I agree 100% on that!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be 43 this Sunday. Sometimes when people ask me if my car is fast, I just tell them it's a old grandpa's car.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:00 AM
On The Tree

I always considered Fbodys to be more mature cars
Old 06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Let me start by saying, I came to own my Z28 not because I'm a diehard GM or Camaro fan, but because I loved the looks and you can't beat the performance for the $$$.

I'm 26 and my whole life owned trucks - and I will always be a truck guy at heart. But, not being married or having a children, it doesn't really matter that I have a basically two seat car that rattles, shakes and is loud. I bought it purely for my enjoyment.

I'm not saying I will keep this car forever, but for now, its fun as a DD. I wouldn't associate F-bodies with youth as much as I would performance and styling. I bought this car a month ago completely stock with 54,000 miles on the clock for $13,000. To be blunt, there is not another car you could buy with 300+ horsepower, low miles and for that price.

During this first month of ownership I will say this, this car is by no means "comfortable" or a "cruiser." Its a flat out performance vehicle with a fiberglass body (yes, I know the rear panels are steel lol). Its designed to go fast and look good going it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quick Reply: Do you consider F-bodies a "kid's car??"