General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car almost stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car almost stolen

Thanks for the alarm, they had the passenger door open and all my band equipment and laptop was in there. They got nothing, but now i emptied the car. I also tuned my IFR to 0 across the board at night now to disable it. I'll probly install a line lock and hide the switch.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn you got lucky, so what happened did u chase them off or did the alarm scare them
Old 06-23-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea I'm interested how you caught them. Or did you just walk outside and the door was open. That'd give me the creeps
Old 06-23-2007, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Alarm scared them. They had 2 of my cars open, but apparently they did it at the same time and it scared the crap out of them. Motion light is going up tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm what was the other car
Old 06-23-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Time to get a dog. They can hear them outside before your alarm goes off. I sure surprised the guy trying to steal my gas the other nite. Good thing I had a locking cap. But the dog went to the backdoor and growled. And shes a 14 year old pit bull. I should of turned her loose on his ***. She don't like nobody and loves to ride in the Z28. She would have taken that **** seriously!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

People are getting despreat in this day and age..kinda sad how they wont make an effort to get their life in motion but rather take a less effort to steal things they desire.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Teching In

I'm glad all of your stuff is safe!

Not quite as close as yours, but someone stole my backpack which had my wallet and keys in it at the beach yesterday (I made the stupid mistake of not keeping my wallet in the car). I'm kind of freaked out, because if they want to, they have my address (from my license), and my garage key and my car keys. But I bought one of the brake locks that don't allow the brake pedal to move, so that's a little security.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

The other was a mazda3. Yeah its ashame what ppl do these days to get out of working.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NC98Z
Time to get a dog. They can hear them outside before your alarm goes off. I sure surprised the guy trying to steal my gas the other nite. Good thing I had a locking cap. But the dog went to the backdoor and growled. And shes a 14 year old pit bull. I should of turned her loose on his ***. She don't like nobody and loves to ride in the Z28. She would have taken that **** seriously!
Man That makes me miss my old pit bull RIP. What ever that dog came across in life it would ether **** it, kill it, or eat it.
It's good to hear your car was not stolen onecamaro1. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:32 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad that all is well. Keep that thing empty, from now on...
Old 06-23-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
it would ether **** it, kill it, or eat it.
sounds like a day in the life of me. screwing women, killing ricers, and eating burgers.

good thing for the alarm, you should get a car cover so itll be a little harder for them to even start to do anything. line lock is a good idea too. but if you forget to disable it when youre leaving youll make an *** of yourself trying to figure out why you arent moving lol.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

lol my dad had a real ******** Lab that would bite the hell out of you if you got near his old camaro. even me after all those years i went to get in and the bastard bit me in the *** lol ... you're pit just kind of reminded me of his old lab
Old 06-24-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

turedat!! Made me think of my 5 year old red nose. She loves the bird and hates anyone that gets near the house. Overall she is a great dog but doesnt like people snooping around the house.

Glad your car didnt get jacked. I hate hearing stories like that. If my dog doesnt get anyone messing with my ride my snub nose .357 will prob prevent them from getting to far, lol.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
People are getting despreat in this day and age..kinda sad how they wont make an effort to get their life in motion but rather take a less effort to steal things they desire.
werd, you know I work so hard to get and mod my car.....it would suck if some lowlife ever did anything to it, I dont have any pitbulls but i do have 3 chihuahuas that can hear an ant take a **** from a mile away
Old 06-24-2007, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

Yep....I'm a big fan of a dog. I've seen guys wanna fight looking down the barrel of a loaded gun but the minute they hear that dog ready to take somebodies arm off they lay right down and give up.