General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I crashed my Camaro SS *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
If it got into the quarter panel as you mentioned, then that's probably what will cost you the most to have repaired.

Your pic shows the front fender, and you could replace the fender, nose, headlight & bent wheel yourself. If if screwed up the steering, then you may want to have a shop correct that for you.
+1. as for the quarter panel, call around some junkyards and see if they have any. if u can find one that is the same color, u could save a bunch of money. if find a different color, then it doesnt matter what condition the paint is in, cuz they are gonna repaint it. if u play it smart then u could save some money.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh man everytime i see pics like these, it makes me think twice about even letting her out of the driveway. sorry to hear about you Super Sport man but atleast it is not totaled
Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me, I feel your pain. I totalled my 02 SS with only 28,000 miles with only liability insurance. Yes, it sucked. Lost 25 grand on that one. Luckily i'm in the position where I was able to make it through it and buy another one but nothing will ever compare to the pain I felt when I lost my baby. No woman can ever do the kind of damage I felt when I lost my car. I'm so very sorry when I hear of anyone doing this kind of damage to a Super Sport. I sincerely hope things work out for you.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
by the way... if you haven't already contacted your insurance company... say you hit an animal that ran across the road... don't tell them you lost control in the rain... that way it falls under Comprehensive... meaning it's not your fault so your rates won't go up...
Will that work?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
Thankfully, traction control saved me in the rain once and I saved myself one other time in the rain.
Sorry to see your super sport banged up like that.
Yeah I was dumb, I turned it off.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

the question you should ask yourself really is, how much does the car mean to you?

imho - fix the car, an ss is a beautiful thing to let goto waste
Old 07-03-2007, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

The comprehensive thing WILL WORK...SINCE A DEER DID RUN OUT IN FRONT OF YOU RIGHT? It was a deer and not a guardrail. Dang deer. lol
Old 07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, that sucks. What do you feel the value of the car is?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteMan
Will that work?
I hit a coyote in mine a while back... it fell under comprehensive and my rates never went up because it was deemed Not my fault...

the hardest thing for you will be to prove it was an animal... I had a little bit of coyote fur inbeded in my paint on my bumper... it wasn't much at all, but enough... you might get lucky though and they might just believe you...

either that or go kill a furry little bunny rabbit and wipe his blood all over your car
Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 67rsss
Dude, that sucks. What do you feel the value of the car is?
I don't know I suppose what I need to do is see how much the repairs will cost. Subtract that from the value of the car and then some.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I am going to claim it, whats the point of having full coverage if you don't use it? Geico is giving me choice of body shop. Any place in town, maybe any place in FL? I need to find a damn good place. I refuse to have this car end up like my other car from 3 years ago..
Old 07-03-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

are those BFGoodrich G-Force radials?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hit a deer with my 2002 Z28 and it needed a front bumper cover, a headlight and a passenger side fender. The hood was not touched and nothing else (one little metal strap that supports the headlight) needed replaced. The bill was $2,400. I also had deer hair in the broken plastic of the front fender. Don't get caught lying to your insurance company, fraud charges can be ugly. Sorry to hear about your beautiful car, and I'm glad to hear that you're ok.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=VetteMan]I don't know I suppose what I need to do is see how much the repairs will cost. Subtract that from the value of the car and then some.[QUOTE]

I meant a bit more than what bluebook value is, what do You feel your car is worth. If keeping the car is worth an extra $5K, fix it. If it isn't that important to you, or you had considered moving on to another car anyway, sell it to someone that will fix it. Damage from those two pics doesn't look bad enough to junk it over. A car can have a lot more worth to you than what someone else is willing to pay you for it. I have one that when its done will be worth $20K on a good day, but I am fully willing to dump over $60K into it. I never plan on selling it, so I don't care. On the flip side, our old dog truck is not worth putting a nickle into, and I hate to do anything more on it than I have to.

Sorry, quote thing isn't working right....
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What tires were you running on the rears?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by John02Hawk
What tires were you running on the rears?
Riken Raptors all 4.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Geico says they have a policy to not hold accidents against you, that your rates do not go up after one. Thats what the lady said to me but it does not sound right..

Anyone know anything about them?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
by the way... if you haven't already contacted your insurance company... say you hit an animal that ran across the road... don't tell them you lost control in the rain... that way it falls under Comprehensive... meaning it's not your fault so your rates won't go up...

Thats fraud. and bad business.
You can tell the difference between deer/dog type hits and
guardrail hits. Deductibles are the same usually. Unless you specified lower comp ded there is no reason to have the uncomfortable confrontation.

Your damage is not that bad. You likely bent a tie rod or control arm if the steering is off. If there is structural damage it can be fixed by a shop with a frame rack good as new. Check your door gaps if the passenger side is really tight and the driver door and fender gap is huge. You need frame work.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

The passenger side is really tight but does it mean frame damage always? Can't the quater panel just be pushed up against the door?

Quick Reply: I crashed my Camaro SS *Pics*