General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GM Card f**ked me over on the bonus dollars.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i won't buy another new GM product EVER after the way i was treated over an 01 Blazer. thank goodness they were forced to buy it back under TN's lemon law.

the only reason i have my T/A now is that it was an absolute steal, and i got it from a Nissan dealer... if it was at a GM dealer, i wouldn't have bought it.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought in the fine print of those GM Cards that those "bonus" points couldn't be used for Corvette's specifically. It's GM's top performance car and they HATE giving discounts on it!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

GM card has worked for me, got $2K off on my GTO, $1K off on my C6, and had an extra $500 left to put towards the GMC truck.

Sucks that they lost your points on that shady offer though. Thanks for sharing the info, that will help us avoid a similar screw job later.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Splitz
I thought in the fine print of those GM Cards that those "bonus" points couldn't be used for Corvette's specifically. It's GM's top performance car and they HATE giving discounts on it!
True they do avoid discounting them as much as possible but the card is good on all GM vehicles and they allow one to use up to a limited amount of your points off on even the popular ones, capped at $1k currently on Corvettes.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i cashed mine in on my GTO and i'll be using them for my new camaro.

GM likes to play so many games with incentives it pisses off customers and confuses dealers.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMmexican
wow.....no wonder GM is suffering, is there any way you could show them this thread?
They'd laugh at this. Arguing with GM is worse than ebay (ebay is pretty bad, let me tell you). You're nothing to them. To them, we're bits of sand, pond scum, noise. This is the reason they're in the shape that they're in.

I'll play their game by getting no options on the Vette, then modifying the car myself, get parts at cost, you name it. They won't get an extra penny from me when I get the new C6. Only the yellow paint, and that's it. I'll get the wheels at cost from American Racing, do the free mods on the exhaust, you get the idea. I'll have an 11 second car for $44k. With a full 5 year, 100K warranty, and I will use that warranty every minute.

Bunch of bastards. I still refuse to get a Mustang, no matter what.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
GM card has worked for me, got $2K off on my GTO, $1K off on my C6, and had an extra $500 left to put towards the GMC truck.

Sucks that they lost your points on that shady offer though. Thanks for sharing the info, that will help us avoid a similar screw job later.
Same here, its been great for me. Between the rebates, a lot of bickering and the GM card I got right at seven grand off my Tahoe.