General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2007 Woodward Dream Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007 | 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

You peeps that live so close suck!
j/k!
Luckey Son of a guns!

Take plenty of PICs for us not so luckey...
Old 08-11-2007 | 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah baby, just got back from down on woodward tonight. Went down both Friday night and last night with my bro. in law. Tonight was bad ***. So many sweet cars, and the air smelled of cam II. Ran into a Ron Fellows Z06 and two Ford GT's. Lots and lots of cars out tonight. I cant believe how big it was a week before the cruise. Ill give more details tomorrow. You know this cruise rocks when a week before the actual event andc people are filling up the streets.

edit. I got a bunch of footage, hopefully I can figure out my camera and post it up. By the way the best place to watch all the action is in Bermingham at 13 mile. Lots of cool places to watch.
Old 08-12-2007 | 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Yeah baby, just got back from down on woodward tonight. Went down both Friday night and last night with my bro. in law. Tonight was bad ***. So many sweet cars, and the air smelled of cam II. Ran into a Ron Fellows Z06 and two Ford GT's. Lots and lots of cars out tonight. I cant believe how big it was a week before the cruise. Ill give more details tomorrow. You know this cruise rocks when a week before the actual event andc people are filling up the streets.

edit. I got a bunch of footage, hopefully I can figure out my camera and post it up. By the way the best place to watch all the action is in Bermingham at 13 mile. Lots of cool places to watch.
I was there last night and your right it was great. I saw that Ron Fellows ZO6 also. Ford GT's are a dime a dozen on Woodwad this time of year
I was in Birmingham up at the Corner of Adams and Woodard [14 1/2 mile] in front of Auto Europe. Hey did the Royal Oak cops broom you guys out after 10pm or so last night, just curious
Old 08-12-2007 | 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

So do lots of girls show up too, or is it mostly older guys who are enthusiasts?
Old 08-12-2007 | 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1W66
I was there last night and your right it was great. I saw that Ron Fellows ZO6 also. Ford GT's are a dime a dozen on Woodwad this time of year
I was in Birmingham up at the Corner of Adams and Woodard [14 1/2 mile] in front of Auto Europe. Hey did the Royal Oak cops broom you guys out after 10pm or so last night, just curious
Man I probably was right around you then, we hung out there on that little strip for about an hour or so. That Ron Fellows paint job on the front was freakin awesome. Royal Oak cops, they are a little arrogant you know. We ended up leaving when we saw them talking to some people, we were wondering what they were saying. I guess they were overwhelmed with the week before turn out sat night and was undermaned. 14 mile was sure pumping though. We hung out over at that shell station for a bit too, there was a decent croud there, but the cops you could tell were suprised with the bigger than anticipated turnout. I think Sat night was better than the main thing, well maybe not, but it was more fun to cruise up and down the strip.
Old 08-12-2007 | 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
So do lots of girls show up too, or is it mostly older guys who are enthusiasts?
The only chicks that show up are the ones that step out of the cars of the sugar daddys. I didnt see a ton of chicks. Just enthusiasts. But there are always a decent amout of hot *** around. just go up to the ritzy parts on woodward.
Old 08-12-2007 | 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

what is the date?
Old 08-12-2007 | 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BANDIT8
what is the date?
Well today is Sunday August 12th, 2007!!!!!!

lol you mean the Cruise. its this Friday Saturday and probably Sunday. So Aug. 17 - 18 - 19
Old 08-12-2007 | 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The only chicks that show up are the ones that step out of the cars of the sugar daddys. I didnt see a ton of chicks. Just enthusiasts. But there are always a decent amout of hot *** around. just go up to the ritzy parts on woodward.
My car isn't ready to be put out there yet...but this is going to be one of those things i must do in my lifetime.
Old 08-12-2007 | 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
My car isn't ready to be put out there yet...but this is going to be one of those things i must do in my lifetime.
Even if you fly into Detroit and go without a car its worth it. Everyone is so talkative too. There is a story behind every car. I really have the fever now.
Old 08-12-2007 | 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

By the way, the Square Lake rd. and Woodward intersection is pretty sweet, that is going to be a great place to park the cars.
Old 08-13-2007 | 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

By the way, the Square Lake rd. and Woodward intersection is pretty sweet, that is going to be a great place to park the cars.
Yeah I'll be up there Fri Night around 10 ish to rope off the spots.
If your coming up there for the day Sat. remember to get there early cause it's first come first serve for Spots along Woodward.

The Cruise is Sat Only but Woodward has turned into a weekend hangout during the summer for most of us locals. We start going out there in late March and usually keep going until mid to laet Oct. Dream Cruise week is like a full on Autofest Orgy that lasts for 10 days and usually leaves you burnt out for a week or so after.
Old 08-14-2007 | 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I'll be up there Fri Night around 10 ish to rope off the spots.
If your coming up there for the day Sat. remember to get there early cause it's first come first serve for Spots along Woodward.

The Cruise is Sat Only but Woodward has turned into a weekend hangout during the summer for most of us locals. We start going out there in late March and usually keep going until mid to laet Oct. Dream Cruise week is like a full on Autofest Orgy that lasts for 10 days and usually leaves you burnt out for a week or so after.
My eyes were blood shoot sat. night when I got home from all the cam II. The air reaked of exhaust, and I loved it. I doubt Ill be up now with the TA this weekend. I ended up having a bunch of stuff come up . But you never know. Maybe Ill come up another weekend before things are over up there this year. And if anyone wants to know, I know someone around Troy that is selling a 2002 Black WS6 M6 with 2200 miles on it. Its garage stored in the winter and hardly driven in the summer. He bought it for is daughter that is in Norway, and they cant ship it there because of all the BS with the terrorism. So it is in pristene condition. Let me know if anyone is interested.

edit. he is asking $19,000 right now for it.

Last edited by Smokin00WS6; 08-14-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2007 | 03:21 PM
On The Tree

How pissed am I? Well, not really pissed. My wife and I are buying a house and we have to go through all the crap of buying a house, and I'm not sure I can make it up there this year....PISSED!!! I still haven't seen the new Camaro and my dad's friend who works for GM has a Z06 ready for me to drive. You guys better take some sweet photos and videos. I have never gone up there and not come back with 1000 sweet pics. I want to see this thread BLOW UP after the weekend. You guys have a blast!
Old 08-15-2007 | 12:23 AM
Launching!

^^^sucks. pictures, videos, posts, threads, stories...nothing can describe it. When someone tried to describe it to me before I went, I kind of envisioned a bunch of parking lots filled on a bunch of corners. I spent the 2 1/2 hour ride home freaking out about what I just saw. Couldn't even fathom what I just witnesed(sp?). I tried telling people about when I got home, then realized I was wasting my time...its just something you have to expierance to understand...like I said, craziest thing I have EVER seen...
Old 08-15-2007 | 06:16 AM
12 Second Club

All parts are here as of yesterday. I need to pick up a couple bolts tonite, finish putting the intake/fuel lines on, add another coat of paint to the rear end and put it in. Hopefully it will be sitting back on all four wheels tonite.

LS1W66, I'll still bring a few of those orange cones also.
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slvrhwk
All parts are here as of yesterday. I need to pick up a couple bolts tonite, finish putting the intake/fuel lines on, add another coat of paint to the rear end and put it in. Hopefully it will be sitting back on all four wheels tonite.

LS1W66, I'll still bring a few of those orange cones also.
Great to hear but don't rush it man, wouldn't want you to forget something and it breaks on the way up here.
As for the cones, we could use them but don't sacrifice space in the car for them if you don't need to.

To anyone who's in the area I'll be out there tonight at Auto Europe on the corner of Adams (about 14 1/2 mile) and Woodward. Look for all the F-Bodies.
Old 08-15-2007 | 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been out all week and plan to be out every night at 13.5 at the Motown Muscle lot there. It was busy last night and should be even busier tonight! If anyone is interested check out the other Motown Muscle lot at 11 mile & Woodward on Saturday. We will have our Pinks winning 'Thunderstang" as well as the LS1 Mustang we won on the show last Friday.
Old 08-15-2007 | 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great to hear but don't rush it man, wouldn't want you to forget something and it breaks on the way up here.
As for the cones, we could use them but don't sacrifice space in the car for them if you don't need to.

To anyone who's in the area I'll be out there tonight at Auto Europe on the corner of Adams (about 14 1/2 mile) and Woodward. Look for all the F-Bodies.

Isnt that right by the Porche dealership??? **** I need to try to figure a way to make it back up!
Old 08-15-2007 | 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Exclamation

PLEASE!!!