General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Would you purchase this item?
Yes, sign me up!
20.83%
No, not a chance
20.83%
Not sure about this.
58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Interior components to hot to touch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooh, its not the faith in our product design...autotrix is still a small company that needs more outside influences for better product decisions. We cant buy $2000 worth of supplies for one product and not sell as many as needed to at least break even. I might seem a little down about it in my own posts due to the fact that most people are very skeptical, and they have a right to be! I also understand your point about producing the documented results and going with it....and we might still do that. There are just other things on the plate that would much rather have the time and money delegated to them for production, like the express down module we have been tweeking on. That why we come to hear the many great responses from the many great people here at ls1tech.com! Keep them coming!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
How exactly would that work? It sounds like all it would do is circulate the Already HOT air inside the car. How would it be cooled off? Is there some sort of venting for the heated air?

My car is soooooo bad i can not get into it without opening both doors and waiting at least a minute or two. (Black w/ black leather)
I'd be really interested if this product actually works.

The inside of the car will be hotter than the outside air and the kit is designed to bring in outside air into the cab. The kit is in no way 'cooling' like an A/C component would but is trying to keep temps lower.
This kit is like having the windows down and the wind blowing thur the car, only the kit allows you to keep your windows up and the breeze is controlled. Results may show to be better in more mild climates in the USA rather than very hot places, although having a controlled breeze may be better than nothing. Now if you had this kit installed and had the windows down it might work better, but that is not the point of the install of the product. The heat in the car will find its way out, heat always goes to the coolest place which would be outside of the car. You guys have some great questions and responses, lets hear some more!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm interested. I live in Louisiana and it is very humid here all day long. It takes about 30 minutes for the interior to cool off and that takes starting the car, turning the ac on and opening the doors. Yeah it sucks really bad.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I'm interested. I live in Louisiana and it is very humid here all day long. It takes about 30 minutes for the interior to cool off and that takes starting the car, turning the ac on and opening the doors. Yeah it sucks really bad.
Im down here with you and with black on black my car gets smoking hot...

but I dont know if I would want to possible wear down my battery to get my car temps from 130 to 115, if you could get the kit to keep it under 100 degrees then I would think about it.

I think if you do some test with actual temps the it would make all the difference in your sales. Take a page from mythbusters, when the test to see if white cars stayed cooler than black cars. They put some relatively cheap household temp gauges, and placed them in two cars. Then just monitored the temp every .5 hour or so.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Oh man, I bet its really hot there.....here I am complaining!
We are currently (along with many other things) testing the temps and will eventually list our results to better the sales. There is a protection circuit that will not allow the kit to run when the battery is near 11.5volts. And if its any credit, our test vechicles surface voltage never gets close to this. I can understand that given the battery state and or the outside temp can affect how fast and well the battery will recharge when the kit is kicked off. Another good thing is that this system will only be used half of the time, and sometimes then only armed half of the time. Thanks for the responses guys, maybe real soon I will post some of our temp tests and conditions for you all to mull over