General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anybody else get looks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regular people truly don't understand

1) people telling me that my Z28s have speed govenors and only the police versions don't

2) some older guy at a gas station who made my day when he walked over and said "I heard it, and I was looking for something like a chevelle or an old musclecar." put a smile on my face

and what is with the hate fest on LT1 owners, there's an equal number of ignorant LS1 owners in the world . . . why bother arguing?

I also don't like it when people type LT-1 in reference to the 92-97

Revelation: I don't hate you, I just don't like you lmao j/k

the_merv: the MFBA guys used to call my neck of the woods "HILLJACK" . . . apparantly anything in IL not in chicago is redneck . . . ran a high-7 (bolt-on LT1 on nittos) 1/8th mile at a local track, beat a 440 'cuda in process and everyone was in pits looking my car over for nitrous . . . yep, rednecks
Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fast

and what is with the hate fest on LT1 owners, there's an equal number of ignorant LS1 owners in the world . . . why bother arguing?
no one's hating on lt1 guys chief. It just gets annoying being asked a hundred million times "does it got an lt1 in it" hince the "NOTA LT1" plate.It just saves time haha
Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

One of my brother's dumb friends thinks that for some reason if my brother put his stock LS6 block into his bolt on Trans Am that he will destroy my cammed SS that ran 11.5 on drag radials. This guy has driven a V6 Camaro, a CTSV, and 2 Corvettes. It's amazing how ignorant he is.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

didnt some of these come with that block from the factory anyhow?And it doenst add any power
Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
didnt some of these come with that block from the factory anyhow?And it doenst add any power
Yes, in fact mine is one of them haha. But since he's driven a Corvette it must somehow be better in every way. I love Corvettes but a lot of their drivers are just stupid.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by splitplug
Man you guys live around some dumb people. Everyone that I hang out with knows about the LS1, LT1, L36, and which cars they came in. Although some people don't believe that I have a 3.8 in mine. They think that the car only comes with a v8. Nevermind the RS badge sitting there.
well judging you are from miami the hot spot for cubans robbing every car in sight and stripping it to the bones i would imagine they know every car/year/model/engine size/ and even prices right off the top of there head...
Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Yes, in fact mine is one of them haha. But since he's driven a Corvette it must somehow be better in every way. I love Corvettes but a lot of their drivers are just stupid.
yea i'm with ya, i love gm and i love vette's but unfortunetly it seems alot of the drivers of those cars are trying to compensate for somethin else in their life that sucks and they dont wanna hear that they arent the greatest.at the same point one of the coolest old guys i've meet drove a brand new c6 so it goes both ways.I dont think the majority of them are idiots i just think the majority of the drivers we hear from or incounter are jackasses so it seems worse then it really is.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Talking

no offence to anyone who has one but i really dont get why someone would buy the sports car without the sports car engine in it.Kinda like masturbation without the payoff.
omg thats hilarious
Old 07-18-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmaschm
omg thats hilarious
yea someone 's gotta quote that for their sig
Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

got right on it
Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by the_merv
That's not ****..
There are people around here that have never seen a newer Factory V8 Camaro..
When I was living in my Apartment a while back, these rednecks were asking how I did the Engine swap. I told them that it came with that LT1 Factory, they called BS on it..
Rednecks need to get out of the woods..

Now I have something a little different, so then an Engine swap question would be a little more relavent, but it still had a V8.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
got right on it
Nice
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
LOL try telling a C5 Vette owner this. They look at you like you are on drugs. It is great, granit they are a little bit quicker then we are stock for stock, but when you tell them you have the exact same set up in your car as theirs, they look at you like you are full of ****. I love it, and yes ive gotten some dumb *** looks before.
Hi, my name is Mike and I’m a Corvette driving jackass.

Here’s my take on the whole thing:

First of all most people believe the Corvette LS1 puts out more power than the F-body LS1 because that’s the way GM and all the magazines advertised it for seven years. Even if you were paying attention you would think the Corvette had 345-350 horsepower and the F-bodies had 305. So unless you’re really into dynos and running your car at the track (which is a lot of people here, but very few people in general) you would have very good reason to think the Vette had more horsepower. Can you understand why a lot of people would be skeptical that the Vette and the F-body put down the same horsepower when it’s been drummed into their heads by the media the Vette is more powerful?

I’ve been around enough to know that the Vette and the F-body put down about the same RWHP. Who cares if people don’t believe you? It’s not worth getting all bent out of shape about. If you come across someone in a Vette who doesn’t believe you, don’t argue, don’t get mad, just smile and ask them if they want to race. Afterward they will probably be more inclined to listen.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MGorman
Hi, my name is Mike and I’m a Corvette driving jackass.

Here’s my take on the whole thing:

First of all most people believe the Corvette LS1 puts out more power than the F-body LS1 because that’s the way GM and all the magazines advertised it for seven years. Even if you were paying attention you would think the Corvette had 345-350 horsepower and the F-bodies had 305. So unless you’re really into dynos and running your car at the track (which is a lot of people here, but very few people in general) you would have very good reason to think the Vette had more horsepower. Can you understand why a lot of people would be skeptical that the Vette and the F-body put down the same horsepower when it’s been drummed into their heads by the media the Vette is more powerful?

I’ve been around enough to know that the Vette and the F-body put down about the same RWHP. Who cares if people don’t believe you? It’s not worth getting all bent out of shape about. If you come across someone in a Vette who doesn’t believe you, don’t argue, don’t get mad, just smile and ask them if they want to race. Afterward they will probably be more inclined to listen.
yea gm is to blame for people's ignorance not the people who could easily do some freaking research and not be talking out their ***.Although i do belive gm should have been more honest they did it so the vette guys wouldnt **** and moan about paying more for the same engine.basically you're payin 20K+ for weight reduction and better handleing which could be easily obtained for less than 20k with an f body
Old 07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dgvincent86
I also hate when SOME LT1 f-body owners say: "yeah, it's got a corvette engine", and that my car has the same "corvette" engine as theirs.....hahahahaha

LS1 = not an LT1 LOL
but in general they are both corvette engines.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
but in general they are both corvette engines.
at one point
Old 07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

basically you're payin 20K+ for weight reduction and better handleing which could be easily obtained for less than 20k with an f body
Wow, not only am I a jackass, I’m stupid too. I wasted all my money on a Vette when I could have had a Camaro that was just as light and handled just as well for less money. Oh well you learn something new every day.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got one of them thar new fangled Corvette engines in my car!
Wheee Haaa
Where did I put my banjo? Oh, it is by the spitune.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a guy i work with has a 99 trans am vert...nice looking and clean...i made the mistake of talking to him about his car...he knew i have a 2000 Z...but still he had to try and impress me...his exact words were it came with a 350 LT1 from the factory with 350HP to the rear stock... ....im still wondering if he seriously believed that...i informed him its actually a 346 ls1 with around 280-315 to the rear and he looked at me like i was retarded...

so in short: 99 T/A with 350 LT1 w/350 RHP stock...
Old 07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

at one point
i just have the senor citizen aged engine LS1s are almost oudated because of the LS2/3

Originally Posted by fast
Revelation: I don't hate you, I just don't like you lmao j/k