General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anybody else get looks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by its turbo time
LS1 outdated? Thats a reach..
i said that to get more looks
Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
One of my brother's dumb friends thinks that for some reason if my brother put his stock LS6 block into his bolt on Trans Am that he will destroy my cammed SS that ran 11.5 on drag radials. This guy has driven a V6 Camaro, a CTSV, and 2 Corvettes. It's amazing how ignorant he is.
Those are the same f*cktards who used to make it a point to tell you their 350 has 4 bolt mains. (even though most didn't) If I was king of America you would have to pass a competency test to be allowed to mess with cars.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Hello All, Heres some reasons to drive a V6 Camaro:

1: When youre sixteen years old your parents might tell you that you cant have a V8 muscle car, for your first ride.

2: When I was 16 I was quoted anywhere from $450-600+ a month for insurance. I dont care how hard you work, thats alot of money for someone going to school to come up with, besides paying for other neccessaties. I worked 40+ hours a week (lots of sleeping in school) pumping gas while going to school and I couldnt afford that.

3: Unexperienced young kids driving our beloved V8 F bodies, would send a whole bunch of them to the boneyard.

Theres a few I can think of off the top of my head. I drove a 91 rs v6 from 16-20, then I got a 95 v6 when I was 20, that I still drive as a daily driver today. I waited until I was 25 to buy my baby and it was well worth the wait. But if id had the SS when I was 16, I would of crashed it in less than an hour.

I look at it this way, Id rather see a kid drive a V6 camaro, as opposed to a multicolored Honda, spewing chow out of a fart muffler, from repeatedly beating the snot out of it, thinking he has a racecar

The worst part about me driving a V6 Fbod, other than it being anemic, is constantly having cars pull up on the side of you wanting to race when my "real" car is home waiting to tear somebody up

End Rant
Old 07-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah, to get back on topic I try not to tell people how our cars have the same motor or power levels as the vette, just not to get into a confrontation about what they think they know, and about what I know. Some people just cant be taught no matter how hard you try to explain something to them.

The thing I dont understand is if you dont know something for a fact then dont go running around talking like you do. If im unsure about something I will ask and learn. I will not say a whole bunch of **** about something I know nothing about.

Just because someone heard something ten years ago, like the LT1 motors, doesnt mean every Fbody from that year forward is going to have an Lt1 in it. Some people just never evovle. I can go on and on with examples but you guys know what I mean.

You guys are right about the advertising and media totally missinforming the mass public.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

I think it's funny how everyone on here has people try to race them all the time, but I don't. I don't know why. I have literally had one person in the last two years of owning my car that I can say for sure tried to race me (other than my dad ). It was a 98-02 Z28 and he wanted me to pull off on a side road to race (revving his stock exhaust and flashing fog lights at me and then turning off the main road), but I was on my way to meet my parents for dinner, so i didn't even race him . And he's the only one. I've had a couple people in eclipses rev their little motors with fart cans off the limiter at me in traffic, but I don't count them. They didn't even try to race, just show off and be stupid. lol. That camaro was the only guy I can say has tried to race me in the two years that I've owned my car now...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Launching!

This hillbilly from West Virgina that I work with checks my car out and says...
Yeah dat's a nice car but back home I had a 99 Kamarow wit da LT1 Bigblock and 6 speed stick and I put on VTEC heads. That thing was faaast till I jumped over some RR tracks over there and my Top flew out and I crashed it.

I wanted to lay into him and raise the BS flag but there's no point with this guy. Constantly spewing bullshit and thinks we all believe him.
Isn't there always one of those guys wherever you go?

Geez
Old 07-28-2007, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

ahh there are all types, i think our main problem is ls1tech isnt a town or our town its a board we go to and dream. Some look some dont but in ls1tech town we realize the dumb ***** and arent afraid to say it. People dont want truth we give it. Most of us know how to handle our cars and power. I crashed my first 3100 ls monte loved the car but wasnt in love lol. When I saw my t/a i knew she was for me. I think we need to pool our money and buy some land where we can all live lol tony can be our president. Nothing but hot girls, hot cars, and people like us. lol ok my day dream is over. if you guys really want looks put on duals with resonators and rev at unexpecting people lol ive scared my fair share. I too hate the vette motor comments i didnt steal my engine from a vette it was born with it!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speedmonster185
I think it's funny how everyone on here has people try to race them all the time, but I don't. I don't know why. I have literally had one person in the last two years of owning my car that I can say for sure tried to race me (other than my dad ). It was a 98-02 Z28 and he wanted me to pull off on a side road to race (revving his stock exhaust and flashing fog lights at me and then turning off the main road), but I was on my way to meet my parents for dinner, so i didn't even race him . And he's the only one. I've had a couple people in eclipses rev their little motors with fart cans off the limiter at me in traffic, but I don't count them. They didn't even try to race, just show off and be stupid. lol. That camaro was the only guy I can say has tried to race me in the two years that I've owned my car now...

Same here, you really have to want to street race to get any action around here.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

yeah I have looks
Old 07-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Teching In

As much as i hate the V6 versions of the F-bodies. I can't blame the drivers, i have to blame the manufacturer. It truly is a poor reflection on what a true F-Body car is, and can do. I think that the companies should produce a whole different style of car, not an F-Body. I don't want some punk saying he has the same car as me, when i have a 2000 WS-6 that can actually hold its own and he has a 6. I think GM should have some pride in their "Muscle Cars" and not even offer a 6. If they cant afford it, they can't drive it. That is my stance, and has always been my stance. That is mainly why i respect the Corvette so much, It's all 8. I hope GM stops putting 6's in camaro's and firebirds. Hey, can't a guy dream?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, you guys pay alot for insurance... Im 21 and pay $101 a month for my SS with full coverage.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Powerhouse
Damn, you guys pay alot for insurance... Im 21 and pay $101 a month for my SS with full coverage.
it often depends on where you live too. You are less likely to crash into a car if there are less cars in your area.

My rate is higher because I live inside Harris county(Houston), but Brazoria county(hick town, cows and such) is literally 1 mile away, and I spend most of my time in Brazoria. My rate would be alot lower. if I live a mile away.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Powerhouse
im also 21 and only pay $92/mo for my Z
Old 07-29-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try telling some people that LS1s are faster than LT1s.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

I have the corvette fuel rail covers on my motor and people think that I bought a vette engine and put it on my camaro,sometimes I get pissed and dont even talk about whats under the hood,anyways, all I know is , LS1 are the ****!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

i can't believe some of the insurance rates i'm hearing that's insane! i'm 19 in NC with my 02 WS6 paying 85 bucks a month for full coverage no joke. and usaa is telling me that it'll go DOWN when i add my bike and/or geo metro to it!

Last edited by whitedevilWS6; 07-29-2007 at 10:58 PM.