General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Will a c6 vette feel and be faster than my 98 A4 Z with mods in sig?
Yes the c6 will be and feel much faster than your f-bod
67.47%
No the c6 will feel about the same than your f-bod
4.82%
Yes the c6 will feel a tad quicker than your f-bod
27.71%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

How much quicker is an ls2 vette compared to Z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tasilver
With my mods I have taken two (I think stock) C6 by at least 2 car lengths. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against C6 just posting from experince (+ the fact that one of the little ***** driving the C6 had the nerve to say to me at the light quote "you car sound all bark no bite". HOW GAY CAN YOU GET).

01formulata

and as far as choco is concerned, he has done a hell of alot more for this sight than 01formulata. You should remember there is always someone faster. I could always just rape your car!
thanks. i know i start **** every now and then, but i try and help as many people as i can on a daily basis.

that being said, people need to remember that 12.2 is the best stock time on a C6 ever recorded. remember, corvettes are A LOT harder to launch than an f-body due to the IRS. it's a lot easier to run closer to the ideal ET with an f-body than a corvette.

if you're doing this for ET's, the corvette is a poor decision as the f-body is built more for drag racing. i love corvettes, don't get me wrong. i just love f-body's more. just because someone runs a 12.2 doesn't mean you'll be anywhere close. corvettes are a harder car to launch. if you're not a big track guy, expect to run high 12's or, gasp, even 13's if you can't drive it.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow this thread hurts my head.

Now we're gonna get into hey I went to work outta high school vs hey im getting and education blah blah.

Wow.

I wish I had clicked on another thread
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Choco, wasnt trying to start a flame war, and yes by the way... i do own my car, paid cash... i also have a house, and a DD 1999 honda accord V6, and i am in the property investment business on top of my Daily GM Technician... anyways, the fact of the matter is this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, and i apologize if it came off as being a ********... he asked for suggestions, and by all means any input was asked for.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by SLawson86
Choco, wasnt trying to start a flame war, and yes by the way... i do own my car, paid cash... i also have a house, and a DD 1999 honda accord V6, and i am in the property investment business on top of my Daily GM Technician... anyways, the fact of the matter is this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, and i apologize if it came off as being a ********... he asked for suggestions, and by all means any input was asked for.
apology accepted. let's move on then
Old 07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

i beat a c6 with my bolt on Z by a half car from 40-120ish. it will feel a tad quicker than yours, but handling, ride comfort will be much better. i think it would worth the debt to have one.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if you plan on buyin very simply take one for a test drive.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
umm..what does my ET have to do with a stock corvette vs. the OP's car? you failed to point that out, since that was the question at hand.
My point was simple... 01FormulaTA made a stupid little bitch insult toward you re: your car's ET. You respond with an oh-so-second-grade "you have no teeth."

I couldn't give two ***** about what your car or any other car for that matter runs. It was stupid **** for him to bring up but you really set the bar with "oh yeah, well you're a broke redneck with no teeth." You made yourself sound 12.

To the OP... you need to entirely discount the opinion of anyone who's never actually DRIVEN both cars. Do you want to know how much quicker the vette will feel from someone who's driven both or from someone who's driven a lightly modded fbody and read some numbers on a C6?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

i didn't read past page 4, but I hope 01FormulaTA is like 15 years old and drives his daddy's car.

Oh, and why the hell does this thread even go past page one? Someone with a brain should have said "Test drive the car and see for yourself". Then the thread would be over with.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZeroFear
i didn't read past page 4, but I hope 01FormulaTA is like 15 years old and drives his daddy's car.

Oh, and why the hell does this thread even go past page one? Someone with a brain should have said "Test drive the car and see for yourself". Then the thread would be over with.
ErikElvis suggested that a couple posts ago and I know I've seen other people post that too. I don't think the OP responded to any of them though.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
My point was simple... 01FormulaTA made a stupid little bitch insult toward you re: your car's ET. You respond with an oh-so-second-grade "you have no teeth."

I couldn't give two ***** about what your car or any other car for that matter runs. It was stupid **** for him to bring up but you really set the bar with "oh yeah, well you're a broke redneck with no teeth." You made yourself sound 12.

To the OP... you need to entirely discount the opinion of anyone who's never actually DRIVEN both cars. Do you want to know how much quicker the vette will feel from someone who's driven both or from someone who's driven a lightly modded fbody and read some numbers on a C6?
i just dish it back on the same level it's dealt to me. if he didn't want me to make a 12 year old reply, he shouldn't have come up with an irrelevant, 12 year old insult for no apparent reason.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
As in the longtubes, y pipe and catback he mentioned? Unless there's quite a bit more done it's going to be more than a "tad" of difference.

this thread is going to be one of those where everyone with a vette says one thing and all us F-Bodys say another... a LS2 vette won't feel hardly different from a bolt on LS1 with a tune. my buddys mom has an 07 with i think 1000 miles on it now and it is basicly a drivers race... vette is just a nice fast track car, and can be a good drag car (after you pay you're thousands of dollars off owed on the car) where you basicly own or do outright own you're LS1 and can mod away...
Old 07-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Ive driven a C6 and ridden in one consistently for the last 6 months.A female acquaintance has had one for a while.Plain jane stock and still under warranty.
Its a beast in stock form.And believe it or not,it launches pretty hard for havin an IRS.
With a cam or maybe a 50-100 shot I could smoke it, but not just a couple bolt-ons,no way
Old 07-31-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just get the 08 with the LS3. A manual car will always FEEL faster than an auto car. If all you want is FEEL, get a manual.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i ran this guys ls2 on the street and he beat me buy a 1/2 car length, no
big deal. yes its faster but not worth the cash. great grocery getter. ha ha
check out my gears. dont let the name vette bother you. 410s in my
rear and later to him at the track.......................
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
X2 Chaco, if you are not interested in modding ur car then why dont you take yourself along with your slow *** car somewhere else, no one appreciates all the bullshit you type out and all the stuff you make up....and it is funny how you mention you have other stuff to spend your money on b/c I dont think you have any friends or do anything else period, I mean you have like 4000 posts and you have only been on here a year....can you say faggggggggg
billy passed the third grade, oh what a glorious day.

billy passed the third grade the billy madison way.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

i think c6 will be tad faster
Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

E.T. -wise...you will probably be half a second faster in the c6. Not to mention, having either the m6 or the a6 will make the c6 feel faster as opposed to your a4. It's definately the better car, obviously, but if you are looking for straight line performance...well **** it how can you not want a vette? I know that's what i'm shooting for in my mid 20's when I get this SS paid off.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a feeling there are quite a few people commenting that don't own or have experienced a vette. I guess there is no difference with every other thread.

Even if you do manage to get beat by a fbody you'll look good while loosing

I would jump all over a c6 if the chance presented itself.