General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I mod the Z-28 or buy a Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry camaro guys, but the vettes in another class. I had a camaro and now have a vette. I love it and there's no comparison. That's like comparing a V6 camaro to the Z28. The V6 wishes it could be a Z28. If you can't get what you want for the camaro, hang onto it till you get close to what you want. They'll always be a new vette for ya waiting.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spiral04
Sorry camaro guys, but the vettes in another class. I had a camaro and now have a vette. I love it and there's no comparison. That's like comparing a V6 camaro to the Z28. The V6 wishes it could be a Z28.

Drop in a 408, cylinder heads, aggressive cam, intake manifold, clutch, transmission, rearend, suspension, fuel system, sticky tires, tune, etc. and run a 300 shot of nitrous and make 700-800 RWHP. All for around $20k (could be less/more - this is just a quick estimate).
Old 08-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

I'd keep your Z28.. It looks very nice, and you would trade that in for a vette?

First, let me start by saying... WHY WOULD YOU TRADE IT IN! your never going to get a good price off a trade in. As that car sits right now, and If i had the money, I'd be willing to pay 14,000 for it. dealerships dont take in accessories on a car. They typically go by bluebook values for trade ins. Maby they will bump up the car in price a little bit, but nothing really special. If a dealer quoted that car for $7500 and it was mine, I would never look at another one of his cars ever again. That would be the last time I'd ever go there. He would turn around and sell it for $17000 the next day.

Second, What is pushing you towards a vette? Looks.. performance.. What ever it is, your camaro can run faster if you invested the money you were going to buy the vette with and modded your camaro. If performance isnt a factor, there are several things that you can do to make your car more sporty.

Third, I think regular vettes are over rated. The new ones are alright with me. But the Z06 stands in a class by itself. I'm talking about the regular vettes though. Dont get me wrong.. I do love corvettes, but I think as them, especially the LS1 vettes as a expensive F-Body. Yes, they perform better out of the box, but for the extra money you spend on the vette, you could mod a Z28 or Trans Am to beat them.

Your car looks great.. Thats basically what I'd want to do to my Z28 in the future.

If you truely love the corvettes, I'd say yes, get one.

What ever you do though, please dont trade your car into a dealership. Your never going to get whats its really worth. Put an add in the news paper or sell it on the computer. As long as theres no problems with your car, you should easily be able to get $12500.

Last edited by Camaro9495; 08-03-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

mod the z