General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is it worth it? Needing opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

give me the cars vin
Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeroFear
If it is far away ( more than 1.5 hours ) I wouldn't bother unless you have the cash to get a remote inspection done. I forget the name of the company that does those, but they send a guy to check out the car for you and report back. This way you know if its a turd before you drive all the way there.

Also, I had a really bad experience with deals like this before. An SS Camaro with 41,000 miles, supposedly "mint" for the miles it has. I drove like an hour to get there, and upon my first glance I notice it was A PIECE OF ****! It had tons of scratchs, sounded like **** when I turned it on, had oil or something in the air lid ( wtf ). The interior had all kinds of damage. I was like WTF dude you said this **** was mint.
Yea that's why you got to get pictures. Same thing happened to my parents when they were looking for cars in the paper. I guess mint condition now days means rust all over the car. And I think anything over like 4-5 hrs is too far. I drove nearly 10 for mine. It wasn't as good of shape as I thought, but I'm glad he lied to me cuz then I wouldn't have my car today if i hadn't thought it was mint.