General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Water in car 2.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water in car 2.

I also have a problem with water getting into the car onto the floorboards. I have a 98 Z28 with T-tops that has a few bolt on mods. After it rains or sometimes after I wash the car, water seems to build up inside the HVAC ducts. Then, when I take a corner even mildly hard, water comes gushing out of the heater ducts behind the radio right onto my leg! I know the intake for the cabin is below the wipers under the plastic piece. Is there supposed to be some sort of drain that may be pluged? How else is it coming into the car. I rarely run the AC since I have the T-Tops off 90% of the time. I am 99% sure it isn't coming in through the tops either like it did on my 89 formula I had. I am tired of having wet socks and having to come home from work and shop-vac the water out. Where should I check and what should I do about this?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

anybody? suggestions?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Resident

never heard of that before............ EVER. I would start by checking the firewall. Take out the interior in the front and front dash panels and get to that problem. If that much water can come in that easily, it can cause alot of $$$ in damages.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

The heater core may be leaking.