General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stupid Car Dealer Vs. Private Party

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007 | 03:09 PM
Banned

Default Stupid Car Dealer Vs. Private Party

Some of you have up on car dealers employees not knowing as much as you think you know about the car you are looking at. In many cases your knowledge is more than the sales associate in both new and or cars, according to you. At some point in disgust you stomp out of the dealership vowing never to return. The dealership is happy you're gone, trust me.

For the sake of argument I think automobiles are the second biggest expense anyone faces over a lifetime. Houses are #1. Are we on the same page :

Today everyone searches the internet for the best deal. Unfortunately you don't really know what a deal is.

Everyone has a favorite bar, car wash, doctor, barber, etc.etc. Why don't you have an association with the last place you bought a car? A DEALER sales associate, service writer, mechanic? I am?

Naturally since I am in the business I think thats

Yesterday USA Today had an article on the front page of the business section. "FLOODED CARS GO TO MARKET WITH LITTLE TO STOP THEM." That's too.

A internet shopper shopping for the best price ONLY, bought from a private party. The buyer living in California learned he bought a Louisiana flood car. "Couldn't happen to a better person" - Jakes Dad!!

A good dealer will offer a CarFax for every car on their lot. A good dealership won't sell a piece of junk. A good dealership will allow anyone to take any car to their mechanic. If you know someone in the auto business who calls you a friend. Do you think they will screw you? Some dealers offer a warranty on a car, 14 day price protection, 30 day exchange, and a full tank of gas. Why risk buying from a private owner when all you need to do is deal with a person like me? Is it any wonder most automobile sales associates ?

Have a nice day. The old man and his dog are off work and THURSDAY going to the track again. Just think, for $5.00 and a few beers I might be lucky and see the Ohio Boys again. I'll never say a word about what I saw last week. Besides no one likes me. Thank god, I'll drink to that even if it rains
Old 08-22-2007 | 03:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

This is a general rant and does not belong in the LSx Discussion section. Stuff like this belongs in the Lounge.

Locking.....