General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ok, it's time

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, it's time

Ok guys, here is the deal. I'm finally going out into concrete jungle and hunting myself down an fbody or GTO. i have posted in the past about this asking for opinions and such, but now i'm actually going. I have a 2003 grand prix GTP i will be trading in towards the car and i have a few questions. 1. Where can i get a good rate for financing the car? I know i could go and get financed by the dealer, but i would rather walk in with a loan/check already and just pick it up and go. 2. I'm going to be buying this from a dealer, so what is some advice as to how i would go about knocking the price down on these cars? what kinds of things can i look at and point out as flaws where i can start cutting the price of the car down? Thanks guys, if i have anymore questions i'll post up but all help will definitely be appreciated. This will hopefully be my first fbody/gto and i would really like to get the best possible deal since i'm young and don't have boatloads of money to throw around. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

bumpbumpbump
Old 08-29-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Apoxi
Where can i get a good rate for financing the car?
Pretty much any bank or credit union. Credit unions usually have the lowest interest rates as a rule.

Originally Posted by Apoxi
I'm going to be buying this from a dealer, so what is some advice as to how i would go about knocking the price down on these cars? what kinds of things can i look at and point out as flaws where i can start cutting the price of the car down?
Dealers are also usually pretty strict on the price. Read up on the your models, options and prices before you go shopping. Know what makes a car worth more than the next and know when to walk away if they won't budge on a car that is overpriced. By the same token, if they want a fair price for it see if they will come down and if not just give them what they want for it if you can afford it.

Finally, good luck with the search!