General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Completely Uneventful Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Fifth gear at 70 miles an hour. Eastbound on twenty-five miles of smooth, rural blacktop. Sun setting in the west. Red full moon suspended just over the long silhouette of trees on the horizon. Seventy-five degrees with a cool breeze. T-tops out, windows down. Returning from firefighter school, heading to the gym to wrestle and box. Classic rock just loud enough to complement the engine’s low rumble. Just me and God.

Need to make up some time. Downshift to fourth; let that LS1 eat. Tach climbs in sync with speed. 110 with only the wind and the engine's roar through the headers and dual open cutouts to tell it. Yellow lines blur into a solid stripe. Upshift at the top of the hill to cruise through the state park. Wave at a westbound friend.

It's nights like that that make me love my '99 Camaro Z28.
/\/\ that + a ******* while driving = perfect
Old 09-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

What do you drive? Im from Vincennes, and spent some time in Lawrenceville, and am wondering if i have even seen you?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
haha that's pretty funny... so it's not wrong to put on womens lipstick either then right?
The voices in my head say...

"Pizza."
Old 09-04-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

word....

Those moments are rare, often happen for me when I drive home from a party at night(like 3AM on a sunday or the like). I've found they are the best when you've just done something to the car.

After my headswap, I drove down to Galveston with my chick just to sit on the seawall. Glorious.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should write a story. include a beautifully set drive like the one you just wrote about, and maybe a nice kill story of a cobra underneath a erie moonlit sky.