General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Engine Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Question

This morning i blew the engine in my 96 SS i pulled out of the parking lot at work and it kinda wanted to hang up going into second pulled up to a stop sign after only about 1/2 a mile and it made a few awful churning sounds and the engine shut off i tried to crank it and it would turn over slowly until it started and if i held a little gas to it it would stay cranked as soon as i let off it would shut off there was black smoke pouring out of the tailpiipes a didnt leave it cranked but maybe 5 seconds i didnt want to lock it up. I was wondering if an LS2 engine would be a direct fit into a 96 f-body as far as the engine and transmision lining up. Theres a salvage yard parting out a freshly totaled GTO with an LS2 only has 8k miles on it. i was hoping someone could help me out. thanks.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is doing that at the moment but my engine is blowen b/c my car shut off while we were tuning it so my PCM is fried that could be your problem. I can start my car and I need to give it gas but if I don't then it shuts off.. Try and start your car if you turn it over and the fans just run then I would look into the PCM IMO.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:01 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Not LSX-related....please see forum rules.