General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

arggg in an accident today :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arggg in an accident today :(

so i was driving my trans am to school today (not high school lol) and i was coming off the highway, i accelerated from the stop light and the person in front of me hit his brakes leaving a foot between him and the car in front of him, i didn't have enough time to stop so i ended up hitting him anyhow my car doesn't look to bad, just some bumper, hood, radiator, window, and headlight damage the car in front of me (a metro) is definately totaled and it took the bumper off the car in front of him.

so glad i have insurance, i only got a $109 ticket and 3 pts, because the officer said that it wasnt entirely my fault but 'cause i was the last one in the chain of events I got the blame. oh well, i hope they can fix the T/A, it's a 2000 with mystic teal paint so i am worried how that will turn out.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ouch that sucks man, but be prepared to really take it up the yin yang by the insurance company....
Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, you're screwed.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

ouch that sucks thats why i always allow a good sized following distance because i dont trust the idiots in front of me, you could be the best driver in the world but if you dont leave a good following distance idiots in front of you can ruin it all

accidents happen, it sounds fixable, chalk it up as lesson learned
Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats crappy...keep your distance and good luck on the repair.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Same thing happened to me back in january, except the guy cut in front of me and stopped real fast. He had a trailor hitch which in turn had a batterin ram effect on my car. It went through the bumgper and riped the hood latch down witch completly f***ed my hood up along with the bumper. Got lucky though, it stopped bout half an inch before the radiator. Guy didn't have a scratch on his truck so he just let it go and took off.

The paint guys at the dealer got a perfect match for me. So the car looks almost perfect now. I just need to do little adjustments with the hood.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Teching In

happend to me a while back,It was only around a 5 mph bump though so I just dented the headlight cover and scuffed the bumper a little,as far as insurance it realy didn`t go up but a few dollars because I`m 33 with no points or no prior claims