General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car cover use

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car cover use

So im going to Hartsfield intl airport this Friday. Im taking a trip to see a fellow f-body lover and best man in my upcomming wedding and a just returned home Iraqi "war" veteran. Enough about that. Im wondering wether or not i should cover my car at the airport. On one hand, it will protect it from all the nasty crap in the air/pigeons. It could also attract unwanted attention. Additionally the cover itself could go missing. It is just a cheap cover from wal mart. So my question to you is to cover, or not to cover?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Teching In

I drive my car to the airport every week, leaving it for 4-5 days at a time. I don't cover it, because I figure all the road dirt I picked up on the way to the airport (about 40 miles worth) would just scratch the heck out of the paint with a cover on it.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure about your location, or how far away the airport is from where you live, but I'd find some other way to get there. I know it's probably expensive, but a covered car can, as you said, attract unwanted attention. A covered car in an airport just screams, "my owner's long gone, that's why I'm covered up so please F with me..." Can you imagine returning from your trip and finding your car on blocks or something?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Pay a little extra for the covered parking lots. I left my '96 Formula there in Atlanta a few years ago on a 2 week trip overseas and I was facing the same questions. Too many lowlifes in the area that would be attracted to a covered car so I opted for the covered parking lots. The car will still get slightly dirty but the birds and potential weather problems will be mostly averted. It isn't that much more $$$.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Ever heard of catalytic converter theft? There are alot of nut jobs running aruond out there...
Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by myk
Ever heard of catalytic converter theft? There are alot of nut jobs running aruond out there...

Man would they be pissed if they were banking on my car.... lol
Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

dont cover it