General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Drive an M6 first time today!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always had my 96 ta since 00 and when I took that car out on my 15th birthday omfg I don't think I ever got so scared mashing the gas...now I think both the fbodies I've had are slow as fack and my dads c5 zo6 is okay..12.8 with a 116 trap (traction much) I rode in a mid 9 on spray nova and that was just the biggest rush ever.. I was shaking the whole time in the car..ah I miss just getting my licence...0 tickets and no points at 20 knock on wood!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 PM

My first car was a '93 Mustang GT 'vert M5. Back in the day 12 years ago that car was fast. I bought a '95 GT 'vert M5 as a project this spring. Different body, but same powertrain. What a slug! Couldn't get out of its own way. I called it the dump truck because it has a truck motor with a heavy cable clutch and was slow to boot. So much for trying to recapture my youth! I'm planning a LSX 454 swap for my '01 SS because i've gotten used to the power level of the 408 in my '99 and am dissappointed by the '01 now. Its hard to draw the line
Old 10-11-2007, 06:08 AM
11 Second Club

dude that little toy does NOT compare to a camaro.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx
Lol, I guess I'm not a typical teenager. I have had my car since a week before I could get my license and am still alive and have 0 tickets and got into one fender bender when a jackass cut my off and stopped before I could react. All it takes a little maturity and you'll make it. I went from driving a Avalanche and Equinox when I had my permit to this car and it wasn't that bad switching from them to my car.

Oh yea I've had 1 street race in a year and a half of driving this car, and that was partly influenced by reading stuff on this site.
Yeah same. 0 tickets since I got my license (have had it closing in on 3 years now), no accidents except for one where a bus cut me off and I hit him lightly (enough to bend the fender slightly and break the signal light).

Of course, my old car was a 93 ford taurus, kind of hard to get in trouble with that Going to have to watch myself with my camaro now (even if it is only a 3.8L V6 it sure is larger and a heck of a lot more powerful than the dog-tired 3.0L V6 in that taurus!)