General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

performance parst under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default performance parst under warranty

i have a friend with an extended warranty of his 03 vette. what companies make parts that he can put on without voiding the warranty. please don't make a suggestion unless you are sure it won't void the warranty. I just don't want any problems if something happens to the vette.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

nothing because most extended warrantys say that any after market parts to alter or add performance will void the warranty. its their way out to steal money from people. Also, racing or abuse void it. so even if they didn't give him trouble from the parts, they may claim he was abusing/racing it because of the parts.

that is reality.

Shouild he be able to get away with headers and a catback, sure..he should. There is that chance that the warranty will **** him though.

Who is the warranty through?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
nothing because most extended warrantys say that any after market parts to alter or add performance will void the warranty. its their way out to steal money from people. Also, racing or abuse void it. so even if they didn't give him trouble from the parts, they may claim he was abusing/racing it because of the parts.

that is reality.

Shouild he be able to get away with headers and a catback, sure..he should. There is that chance that the warranty will **** him though.

Who is the warranty through?
Yea that pretty much sums it up, you might be able to get away with a short shifter, intake, or catback. But I wouldnt mess with headers. If it were me I would mod and then unmod if you have to take it in
Old 10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If you read the fine print on most performance parts, they either have the popular "for off-road use only" disclaimer or something similar.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 AM
TECH Regular

just follow the K.I.S.S rule Keep It Stock Stupid