General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

does this bother anyone!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
mine gets slammed by everyone but my girlfriend. she only had to have me yell at her once, and she shuts the door nicelly now every time. My other pet peeve, is when they shut the door by anything BUT the little black rubber strip under the window. Dont touch my window, dont finger up my paint, just put 1 finger on that little strip, and push the door closed............ Simple as that!
exactly dude! i get the weirdest looks when i ask that. my buddy tells me to put written directions on the dash just so he can remember.
Old 10-22-2007 | 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

My bro knows my doors are larger/heavier than other cars so he went overboard and the first time he slammed it really hard. Its like come on, you opened it up, wasn't that hard to open the thing, so don't slam it shut, it isn't a truck!
Old 10-22-2007 | 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mine gets slammed by everyone but my girlfriend. she only had to have me yell at her once, and she shuts the door nicelly now every time. My other pet peeve, is when they shut the door by anything BUT the little black rubber strip under the window. Dont touch my window, dont finger up my paint, just put 1 finger on that little strip, and push the door closed............ Simple as that!
Man those are my exact words when I let people out of my car. Otherwise I tell him to put 1 or 2 fingers on my door handle it self. Most of my friends are pretty good about it other then 1 who always slams my door and forgets that I tell him every time to not do it. Ive got to the point with him I just out of my seat asap to make sure he doesnt slam my door. He reallys lays into it not even thinking so I need to make sure I get out before him. I will like hand him my water or something just to throw his mindset off for a few sec. Other then that everyones good. I totally agree however it makes me so pist when people do it because I know what it did after time on my daily driver so I definetly dont want that to happen to my t/a.
Old 10-22-2007 | 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

My other pet peeve, is when they shut the door by anything BUT the little black rubber strip under the window. Dont touch my window, dont finger up my paint, just put 1 finger on that little strip, and push the door closed............ Simple as that!
I thought I was the only one who thinks about this, haha. I only close the door with the black rubber. That's why it's there, right?..
Old 10-22-2007 | 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

I want to kill people when they close my doors by using the ******* window.... It's making me mad right now
Old 10-22-2007 | 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

slamming? well I have noticed that when i'm in the car no matte rhow soft you close the door it has a slamming sound to it, what bothers me more is how wide they open! The f-body doors open to another zip code so yeah, it bothers me in tight parking spots but I avoid those at all costs due to high risk of door dings from other drivers.
Old 10-22-2007 | 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Happens alot. My roommate has got a 2000 SS and he's the only one i trust in the passenger seat. The driver door doesn't seem to have as much of a "slamming" issue as the passenger though, i dunno.
Old 10-23-2007 | 12:45 AM
Banned

i hate when they get finger prints all over the car thats what the door handle is for and ever 1 slams the doors like it a 1000 1lbs or something and people are alway opening them up to fair and hitting other cars and **** and i hate when the door doesnt close all the way and they slam there hip or *** in to it to shut it the rest of the way ahhhh belt scratches
Old 10-23-2007 | 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont really have that problem but then agian they probably know that i will flip out
Old 10-23-2007 | 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

taking out my back seats has cut down on the number of people I would have to potentially give a ride to, thusly I have cut my chances for fingerprints and door slamming to happen

Old 10-23-2007 | 03:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Omec
people thinking our doors are harder to open/close than they look? i love when people get a running start to close my damn door. the G/F twice now has flung the pass door open too far and hit other cars thinking it was going to be a struggle to open. im thinking of not letting anyone one in it. every time i hear my door slam shut i **** my pants and black out.
LMAO! I actually agree! ... And I NEVER agree with anyone!
Old 10-23-2007 | 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Same here..no backseats and the Fiance knows not to slam my ****...I made sure she could follow those directions before she got her ring...there is no need for slamming, a properly aligned F-body door only needs a nudge and the momentum will latch it completely...only thing i have to kinda slam is my hatch....shity GM setups
Old 10-23-2007 | 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

I haven't had to yell at people but it does bother me when it happens. It takes the lightest little push to get the door closed. Hell most of the time I can open the door slide out and it'll hit one of the stopping points hesitate and come right back and shut itself.
Old 10-23-2007 | 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

The girlfriend slammed the T/A door once and I tell you that was the last. Thought I died when it happened.
Old 10-23-2007 | 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The girl im currently dating is afraid to touch anything on or in my car lol. And thats the way it should be. She knows the little black rubber strip method
Old 10-23-2007 | 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm assuming its this way for everyone, but my doors don't "pop" open when the lever is pulled. I think this contributes to the problem. All my other cars, the doors had some sort of movement when the lever was pulled. I had a friend just about pull the lever off on the inside and start bitching about how my door was broken. My wife also couldn't figure it out the first time.

On a side note, I do think our doors feel heavy. They don't need to be slammed, but they are heavy relative to other newer vehicles.
Old 10-23-2007 | 09:55 AM
10 Second Moderator

My wife thought I was out of my mind when I first met her and showed her how to properly close a door on any car. I will never own a car that has worn out hinge bushings. I know how to fix em so I do. Finger prints are a little different since I have 5 and 6 yearold girls and 2 black and one Quasar blue Camaros. They cant reach the door handles So they get some slack there, they know do how to close a door though.
Old 10-23-2007 | 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
bothers the **** out of me.. the ONLY time i dont say **** is when i'm on a date with a new hot girl. after the 2nd date, i let her know.
Old 10-23-2007 | 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Haha my girlfriend claims to all our friends that she has a bachelor's degree in closing the door in my Camaro. I have a good friend who is used to my thirdgen, and who had a door sagging 93 Sunfire convertible and got in my Camaro, slammed the **** out of it, and then said "God damn heavy American doors!" (since he has a nissan now). I think my blood boiled haha but I didnt say anything. My other pet peave is people who indirectly try to peel all the leather off the frame of my seat upon getting out. I look down and see the leather stretching and fatiguing as they flail their arms to get out. I dont get it, the doors are made of plastic with a metal support rod for side impacts in them, they aren't heavy. When getting out of my passenger seat, do two things: 1. Put your right arm on the interior plastic trim of the door jam and lift your *** off the seat and rotate out, and 2. Just tap it shut. We don't need the Philadelphia Eagles Defense to come and shut the door with a nice sack.

Last edited by Tuffguy610; 10-23-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-23-2007 | 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Never been a problem with me