General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

saw a 2000 trans am with only 800 miles on it...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default saw a 2000 trans am with only 800 miles on it...

It pulled up at the bank when i was talking to a friend in the parking lot...VERY clean red ws6 6speed...an older guy got out and my friend asked if he wanted to sell it. He said "Yea for about 22thousand......."
we kinda chuckled...and he said "I just bought it...it only has 800 miles on it"
We looked and sure enough it had 8xx miles on it. The guy had just picked it up from a dealer(said it was in the showroom)...It was the cleanest looking fbody i've ever seen in person...we were in shock...and obviously this guy plans on driving it because he said "i'm not gonna get on it until i put a couple thousand miles on it"...He's a firefighter in my town..so might be seeing it around
Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he shouldn't wait so long to get on it.. it's good to break in your car but a car designed for it, or most cars. shouldn't be babied because the parts don't get broken in for performance, they get broken in for baby driving. easier to explain in person sorry lol...

anyways 800 miles is friggin crazy. i would love to get new interior and my front clip repainted and my engine fully built with 0 mileage and call her new again... 98K today
Old 10-26-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
anyways 800 miles is friggin crazy. i would love to get new interior and my front clip repainted and my engine fully built with 0 mileage and call her new again... 98K today
got 118k on mine... and she's also in the shop getting pushrods/lifters replaced