General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

New H/C...oil change before dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New H/C...oil change before dyno?

I just did a H/C/full bolt on installation. Only got a chance to run the car about 30 miles today. Do you think i should change the oil at only 30 miles, try to get a few more miles on it and then change the oil, or just do the oil change after i go get a dyno tune tomorrow? BTW i put in 6 quarts of fresh PP right before i took it for the drive today. Thanks yall.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see you finally got it going. Let us know what kind of numbers you put down. My vote is to leave it alone.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Teching In

you put in fresh oil after the install? if so run it some more, dyno it then change it, unless you think you might have dropped some debris into the engine when you installed the heads/cam
Old 11-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Launching!

thanks camarod it's been a long time coming! did you end up getting your install all straightened out?
techtrix- yeah i put in fresh penz. plat. and a purolator filter this morning before the drive. i'm pretty sure i didn't drop any debris in the engine, i was pretty meticulous. so you think it would be cool to just leave it in there till after i'm done with the dyno shop?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, the motor runs great. I put down 390rwhp. There is an issue with either my torque converter, tranny, or electrical issue. On my dyno graph there are peaks and dips. It sucks, I used a lift when I installed the converter. Now I dont have a lift so its going to suck on the ground....
Old 11-25-2007, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would put a few more miles on then drop it. I put about 85 on mine before I dropped the oil. Although my dyno tune was about 180 miles away, so I had to change it before I left for the dyno. There were a lot of metal shavings on my drain plug, and I didn't even spin the thing over 4K RPM or drive it hard since all I had was a mail order tune to get me rolling. Me just being paranoid, I would try to get fresh oil in. JMO. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Launching!

well nevermind i'll be going over to an apartment full of college chicks tonight and will definitely get the miles on her then change the oil before the dyno. thanks though guys, i really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: New H/C...oil change before dyno?