General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

just saw a mile long crack on my dashboard!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy just saw a mile long crack on my dashboard!!

when i was driving to school today, i looked up at my dash 4 a minite and noticed a slight hairline crack that i have never seen b4! it was right around the apex of the curve on the gadges! i want to know if there is any type of cheap fix or if there was eny way to try to prevent it! lately the sun has not been so bad because winter is close by, any suggestions will be appriciated! thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I need an answer to this too, although from what I can gather, you need a completely new dash :<
Old 11-28-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Yeah, I need an answer to this too, although from what I can gather, you need a completely new dash :<
nah, not the whole dash, just the dash pad part of it....the dash is two pieces, the plastic part that's closest to the windshield, and the part that's covered with the cheap, shitty "pleather" covering that's closer to the driver.

the covered part can be replaced separately

as for "fixing it", i'm not sure about that.....i would like to know, tho, since i have several small cracks in my dash pad, too....from where i was in too big of a hurry and didn't stick the suction cups good enough on my radar detector mount, and it ended up falling and cracking it.....
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah just replace the dash pad. Living in the LA sun you may want to invest in a sun shade to put over the windshield while the car is parked since I would bet the farm the sun beating down on it is what cracked it.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

yea thanks 4 the advice guys but the funny thing is i never noticesd this crack my dash literly looks brand new!! and all of a sudden blahhh huge ginormas ugly crack on my dash, do u think i could stop drill it? but that would be kinda dumb another ugly hole on the dash!!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ae13291
yea thanks 4 the advice guys but the funny thing is i never noticesd this crack my dash literly looks brand new!! and all of a sudden blahhh huge ginormas ugly crack on my dash, do u think i could stop drill it? but that would be kinda dumb another ugly hole on the dash!!

Well seeing how the crack annoys you I don't know why you would wanna drill holes in it
Old 11-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

i know what u mean, **** i guess imma see if i can find me a deal on the dash thanks 4 the help guys