General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

rain equals rough idle and misfire

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rain equals rough idle and misfire

i'm not sure what is going on here but when it rains that thing runs like doodoo it misfires and pops and has no power let it sit for 10 minutes and its fine until you get down the road. i don't get it. i think it may need plugs but it would run like crap all the time if it that was all it was.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

You apparently have an electrical connection where moisture is getting in and causing a short. I use dielectric grease to seal the connections. I'd start by removing all the plug wires and coating the ends with dielectric grease. It has worked for me.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

check ur 02 sesnors on ur headers...thats what was wrong with mine, theyre so closemto the pavement there probable getting wet
Old 12-12-2007, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28AQUINO
check ur 02 sesnors on ur headers...thats what was wrong with mine, theyre so closemto the pavement there probable getting wet
thats kinda what it is the drivers side wire came loose from how i had it tied and was dragging on the ground so it looked like hamburger and blew the fuse for the o2 sensors and the mass air meter. i had nothing but some electrical tape so i taped it up and put in another fuse then it the tape caught on fire when the car was running so i pulled the fuse just so i could get it home.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a friend of mine with the same problem......everytime it would rain the car would die.....so we messed around with it alittle bit, and rain was pouring in from the weather strip on the back side of hood by the wipers.....we used some adhesive to keep it in place and it has been fine since then!