General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anyone sell or wreck a modded car and had to start modding all over again?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone sell or wreck a modded car and had to start modding all over again?

Well I'm in this boat. My previous cars were sold within months of one another.
Previous cars
1998 TA -All the bolt ons,Tuned, A4, Koni Shocks, etc. 335hp 338tq
2001 SS -Cammed tuned all the bolt ons -385hp 375 tq

Now my current 2 rides

00 Vette -Corsa Catback
00 Formula- Lid coming tomorrow

This sucks! I was just planning out future mods and it seems it will take alot to get my current cars up to the level my previous were on Anyone else?
Old 12-26-2007, 12:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I'm confused about why you would sell the cars you had, only to buy similar cars and want to get back to the same level you were already at?

You could have saved a lot of time and trouble and just kept what you had, or at least returned them to stock and re-used the parts if you just wanted a different trim level of F-body.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'm confused about why you would sell the cars you had, only to buy similar cars and want to get back to the same level you were already at?

You could have saved a lot of time and trouble and just kept what you had, or at least returned them to stock and re-used the parts if you just wanted a different trim level of F-body.
Well sold the SS to get a Vette. I always wanted a Vette but didn't want to have 2 payments so the SS had to go. Also my Trans Am was an A4 and I hate autos so and found my M6 Formula at a steal so the TA had to go
Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Well if you've got the cars you really want, then modding all over again shouldn't be a headache.....at least you've got some of the work already under your belt, so the installs should be easier.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, right here. Not really heavily modded - but addressing the same problems again. '96 was wrecked. 2000 - LCA Bushings, window motors (re-modding with relays to "fix" the window motor problem, need to throw out the cruddy monsoon system with the non-working CD changer to rebuild the stereo system, leather on the driver's seat bolster again needs to be fixed, plus the usual suspects - rattles, squeeks, etc., that I had under control in the last car.

Yes, its easier knowing what to chase. But - it's also maddening doing the same stuff all over again and wanting it all done "tomorrow".
Old 12-26-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Yup true the installs aren't my worry but i hate having to buy all the parts over