General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

wrecked my 98

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the key here is im doing everything myself, and i already got a donor car for 1k which has everything i need and then some, so im looking to make some money on that one.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
i think it will come out good, hopefully.....its going to the frame shop this weekend.......i was already putting it back together in my mind before i got out of the car when i wrecked it.
I had a weird experience with my car regarding the frame shop. The wreck was in the rear. Only to have about 11K into it and when I got it back the front was sagging to the right. The frame guy swears it was straight. I even took it back and he didn't want to look at it. I think he had some kind of a deal worked out with my body guy and I got screwed somewhere in b/w. That is when I called the insurance and they were like F this and cut a check. So just make sure that the guy who does the frame work verifies the front AND rear.

As a matter of fact, I had to throw 1 inch worth of spacers on my car to get it to sit/ride right and it's been a year now and I still haven't gotten the chance to get it into a shop I trust.

I definitely know what you mean as far as having a mental picture. I think that is the way it is when you really enjoy a car or anything that you have already put so much energy into.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

it needs some work Jason, but not too much, i got the entire front end for it waiting to go on. core support and everything. we will see what the frame shop says.

the LCA's we traded around for werent hurt tho! lol
Remember how Charlies car looked when he bought it? Just a reminder.

I might want those back if you go the other way with it. And also just in case....dibs on yo intake!

The mental pic of you driving down the road with your head out is hilarious! Glad your ok though

Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Good luck with the fix.. it will probably turn out better than before
Old 01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
Remember how Charlies car looked when he bought it? Just a reminder.

I might want those back if you go the other way with it. And also just in case....dibs on yo intake!

The mental pic of you driving down the road with your head out is hilarious! Glad your ok though

lol, yes, i just dug some pics up of his T/A. it was pretty bad, but his got into the frame more im thinking. when i fix it, the LS6 is coming off, we will cut a deal. im going FAST 90/90. im just on the hunt for another blackwing lid
Old 01-09-2008, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

i pictured myself hanging out the window, couldnt stop laughing after i quit crying over my car......lol
Old 01-09-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

damn dude, sorry to hear it
Old 01-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Sorry to hear about your car man definately looks like that guardrail did a number on it! Good luck on the rebuild but from the sounds of it the car will be a much faster car when all is said and done. Either way hope you get her back on the road soon enough!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

lol, yes, i just dug some pics up of his T/A. it was pretty bad, but his got into the frame more im thinking. when i fix it, the LS6 is coming off, we will cut a deal. im going FAST 90/90. im just on the hunt for another blackwing lid
Honestly bro, I think yours is worse than his was. And you gotta remember, he has the body knowledge and every tool he needs available to him, so he kinda made it look easy. You might want to get his opinion before you make a final decision.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

i talked to him a little bit, ill get back with him. me and my grandpa have been doing wreck repairs for years, and he has been doing it his whole life and he says it can be done. but we will see. im not going to lie, its not an easy fix, but once all the broken **** is off and the new core support is welded in and the unibody is straightned i think it will be ok. the air bags arent blown and i dont even think it knocked it out of alignment........but like i said we will see. ill know this weekend when the frame shop looks at it......
Old 01-09-2008, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sapper_daddy
I had a weird experience with my car regarding the frame shop. The wreck was in the rear. Only to have about 11K into it and when I got it back the front was sagging to the right. The frame guy swears it was straight. I even took it back and he didn't want to look at it. I think he had some kind of a deal worked out with my body guy and I got screwed somewhere in b/w. That is when I called the insurance and they were like F this and cut a check. So just make sure that the guy who does the frame work verifies the front AND rear.

As a matter of fact, I had to throw 1 inch worth of spacers on my car to get it to sit/ride right and it's been a year now and I still haven't gotten the chance to get it into a shop I trust.

I definitely know what you mean as far as having a mental picture. I think that is the way it is when you really enjoy a car or anything that you have already put so much energy into.
the shop we have been going to for years is the one im taking it to, he has never let us down and once we had a car that the body pannels didnt line up because the frame wasent true, so he came out to our house and looked at it and called his tow truck and took it back and fixed it free of charge......i trust this guy. i dont trust many people with my car but this one i trust. he is going to come out probably monday and look at it and see what needs to be done.....
Old 01-09-2008, 03:32 PM
12 Second Club

a couple years ago, we had a 95 firebird that we bought and fixed. it was hit directly on the passengers wheel. wrinkled the firewall, moved the shock tower 3 inches toward the motor, buckled the core support and the a piller was moved a little, and this guy pulled it out no problem. couldnt even tell it was hit after we got it back.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

OK cool. I didnt know you had some background with body stuff too. In that case, have fun. Let me know when its intake time.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

yeah, im not trying to make excuses just to avoid the idea of parting it out, but if we get into it and its going to take more than we expected, it will be parted out and ill start over. i cant find Charlie's pictures anymore, do you have them or know where he has them. i looked in his threads about it and he must have taken them down because its showing a broken link.

forgot to ask, how is that ported TB going for you?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like a really nice car. I hope you build it back up. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Damn man that sucks
Old 01-09-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Love that color, mine is the same color. Would be nice to put it back together, hopefully that goes smoothly enough for you. So sorry
Old 01-10-2008, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

thanks fellers, im going to take pictures and document the entire build. will start another thread for everyone who wants to follow it.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 AM
12 Second Club

Sparky, just noticed your in ohio. where are you at in ohio?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

damnn thats bad