General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

03 Silverado LS7 427 4wd. What trans?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro52R
I never understood this?

Seriosuly, you want to make 500hp, and get 20mpg?

I never understood this mentality, let me make it faster, AND get good fuel mileage.

Sounds to me you don't need performance if your worried about how many mpg's you get.

You know how many MPG I get to a tank???? I have no idea, because frankly I don't give a ****..Its performance, so therfore when its empty...re-fill it
I think what he is getting at is you will get better gas mileage with a stick. Although, with that much power you won't be getting much better. Still, with the way gas prices are now, having a 5th or 6th gear overdrive for cruising doesn't hurt....not to mention you have better control over the vehicle with a stick.

OP-As I said before...it all depends on what you want to do with the truck. Putting in a T-56 and still having a functional 4WD is going to be tough, but it is possible, I think. Unless you just really, really wanted or needed a stick I would stay with the 4L80E. You can put a Trans-Go manual valve body in so at least it feels like a stick...better than nothing, I guess.

Quick Reply: 03 Silverado LS7 427 4wd. What trans?