General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I know, i know if you have to ask its too much, but......

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

^I agree! Do like some other's have suggested. I work off of commission and you need to buy a car that you can easily afford in the bad months. I've been in this enviroment for about 3 & 1/2 year going on 4. One thing I've learned is pocket those big gross month paychecks and save.

I would also say saving $5-600 a month for 6 months or so should be good enough to help you decide if you really can afford it. Me personally, I don't like getting into a payment over $300.00. I mean sure at first it isn't a problem, but after a while the good feeling wears off and you hate making it.

As they say don't count your chickens before your eggs hatch. Commission sales you can make money but it is in spurts. You'll have 1-2 good months, 3-4 of/bad months for the most part. The last thing I'd want to see is you making a post saying you have to get rid of your car because of financial reasons. If anything, save 3-7 grand for a nice down and always keep a couple extra car payments in the savings account for the bad times. Good Luck!