General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help me out guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out guys

Ok so my transmission took a crap in the trans am. Its got 92000 miles on it, and Im ready to get rid of it. Im looking to get a GTO and need money for the down payment. Im wondering what I should do? besides the transmission, the car has always run good, I take good care of the car, and dispite what everyone thinks about me ragging on the car I really don't. I havn't even raced anyone, or even WOT'd in the last year after my last tranny rebuild. I just screwed up big time going to aamco.

So back to the problem at hand, I need to get money out of the car, I could fix it, but it would put me in a really bad bind financialy. I just moved to the stuart hobe sound area Im in my own apartment.
So my question is, how should I sell it? should I try to part it out? should I put it in the auto trader, what could I get out of it? it needs a piant job, a few dents here and ther, the dash is cracked, but other than a few cosmetic problems and the tranny, its in good shape.
I really need some advise guys, and quick, I've got to do something, ive got no car, Im freaking out here.

thanks
JDJP

Last edited by JDJP; 02-05-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JDJP
Ok so my transmission took a crap in the trans am. ...............and the tranny its in good shape.
So is the transmission messed up or not? Try listing it here as is, and see if you get any bites.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Post the car as a roller, sell the engine or the engine/bad trans seperately. May work, may not. just my .02
Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in psl, been looking for a beater and have cash for one. How much would you want for it?
I'm assuming it's an LS1 right? what color? any pics?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

I would buy a stock A4 from someone one here and sell it locally. Probably be your best bet.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
So is the transmission messed up or not? Try listing it here as is, and see if you get any bites.
Sorry forgot the comma, the tranny is messed up, grinds on the 1-2 shift

jxaxsxoxn, IT is an LS1, red, I don't have any recent pics and don't have internet service at home at the moment, but if you want to come look at it, give me a call 7722631738. I'd have to look into how much its worth with the bad tranny. but you could always come make an offer.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Default Help me out

If you want to fix it, I have an unmolested 4l60e (A4) out of my 01/ TA which was removed at 1700 miles to install a TH400 race trans.
I also have the converter.
I see that you are in FL. I am in the PA/NJ area, so it's pretty far.
500.00 firm for both, you would have to pay any shipping costs.
Buster
BRracing