General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust??

ok i know i was an pipe with true duals because they make the most power and sound incredible. couple questions though

--what are some good, reputable brands for both? [ive check out TSP but thats about it.]
--what are some good websites to look?
--and random question, will i pass emissions with this?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

TSP's kit is a great kit. If you do not like bullets you can add any muffler to the x that will fit, such as single chambers, xr1s. I had the single chambers and tsp x on my T/A, it sounded amazing. Do you have LTs yet? If not you will need to get a set to run the tsp x. If you are still running stock manifolds Bassani makes a TD setup that looks and sounds great and runs all the way out the back and will work with factory manifolds. Also another route is to buy your choice of mufflers and a universal x that flows well and take all of this to a reputable exhaust shop in your area and have them fab up a system for you. Good luck man. All of these systems will pass if you add high flow cats.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Teching In

will TDs pass emissions??

[and i think i might go kooks LT's, 90% sure]
Old 03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, TD's will pass if you have high flow cats. Without cats it is possible to pass the sniffer if the car is tuned right. But you will fail a visual inspection every time. I ran the tsp x without cats. When testing time came around I pulled the x off and put a catted y on and ran through the testing center the switched back over. It is much easier to just add cats to your tds though.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Teching In

maybe ill just go make friends at the emissions place.

but thank you for the help.

another random question though, kind of related...

i have a magic stick 4 but i want to match it to a good set of headers that work together well...kooks a good choice or different?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kooks are a great header. All long tube headers will flow very close together. What you are paying for is the quality of materials and craftsmanship used to make the product. The only lts that flow better are ones with larger primarys but you do not need that until you get over stock cubic inches.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Yes, they would be great for your application.

TJ