General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what's you favorite part of your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#1-The motor/tranny. I love the way my car sounds when I start it up in the morning. I love the way it sounds when I drop into 2nd at about 40 and hammer down on it! I love just banging gears and taking it up to about 70 real quick when the light turns from red to green just for a quick thrill. I love having people in my car that don't know what to expect, keeping it in first and just flooring it at about 20, grab second and take it up to 60, and the look of sheer terror/excitment on their faces!

#2-The looks. When the LS1 cars first came out I knew that I had to have a black on black SS. 10 years later I finally have one and I love it. The wheels, the stance, everything. After spending a couple of hours giving her a nice bath I love to just sit on the front porch and stare...I get compliments all the time from both my GM and Ford friends (and of course the local high school kids in the Hondas and Nissans just drool over it when I drive by)
Old 03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Haha, judging from how long he's been around, I'm guessing he has. I hear everyone talk about how crappy and cheap the interiors feel, but what exactly are you guys comparing these cars to? A base Z28 with a few options would go for low $20s and put you in the mid-low 13s at about 105-106 mph.

Name one other car that you could have bought in the late 90s or early 2000s that would go for a similar price, give you a better interior that you speak of, and give you anywhere NEAR the performance?

Even at $30k for a Trans Am with options, what car could you have bought at the time with a way better interior AND performance similar to that car? Not to mention no car looks that badass.

If you bought your Fbody because it was a good buy "dollar for dollar" and you're not happy with the quality of the interior, AND the performance doesn't more than make up for that, you are clearly bought the wrong vehicle.
priceless ,the exact truth .... thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

The stock 10 bolt is also my favorite. It's subtle howl eliminated the ability for conversation while I was driving.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Launching!

I love our exterior. We all have some of the most intimidating, aggressive and truly sporty looking cars out there. Obviously the Viper and the Corvette are sportier... but they're also sports cars, so lol.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

I absolutely loved my Grand National interior.
Its the only car in the same price range that i can think of thats got a nicer interior that f-bods. But then again TR's motto is go fast with class...

In the T/A...I love my nitrous...even though i hardly hit it anymore
Old 03-19-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T-tops+RWD+HP.

That's exactly what I was looking for and exactly what I got.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by its turbo time
I absolutely loved my Grand National interior.
Its the only car in the same price range that i can think of thats got a nicer interior that f-bods. But then again TR's motto is go fast with class...

In the T/A...I love my nitrous...even though i hardly hit it anymore
+1 on that. Loved My GN interior too. The drivers seat was sooo comfortable to me. I could sit in that thing all day and not get sore at all.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

AHA!!! And I just realized something, BadGTHo. You have a Trans Am. While exterior of a WS6 clearly puts my Z28 to shame, the interior of the Camaro is hands down a much nicer looking interior in my book. Just my opinion, of course, but I would swap my interior into a Pewter WS6 any day of the week.
Dude come on lol. If you can even tell me what GMs "leather" is, I will let it slide that you said the Camaro has a nicer interior, let alone the fact your defending the Fbody as a car with nice interior that is built well. (aside from the motor)

I've said it before. The Mustang has HANDS DOWN a one million times nicer interior and is built more solid, but look at the cheap *** POS motor they put in it. They are both cheap sports cars, you have to give and take with them. You can't have the best of both worlds. So for those that don't understand...

Fbody: My as well sit on a crate interior / Bad *** LS1 that destroys all.

Mustang: Nice as hell interior. Very, very comfortable / Motor that can be beaten from a roll by a big wheel.

Give/Take.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Launching!

I do have to agree that the Mustang has a much nicer, much more comfortable interior... actually learned how to drive stick in a 03' GT... the shifter is weird, but I kinda like how its on an angle.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
The Mustang has HANDS DOWN a one million times nicer interior and is built more solid

I don't know about that. Maybe the 05+ Mustangs, but the 99-04 Mustangs are not anything special. I think the interior is somewhat bland on those cars and I don't think they are any better quality.

I suppose that in some aspects the Mustang does have a nicer interior, but to say "HANDS DOWN a one million time nicer interior" is a bit much I think.

I spend a lot of time on one paticular Mustang site, and I see threads all the time of guys complaining about their cheap, junkey interiors.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Best part that I like about my car............? The Turbo. and the sound of the blow off valve.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
I suppose that in some aspects the Mustang does have a nicer interior, but to say "HANDS DOWN a one million time nicer interior" is a bit much I think.

I spend a lot of time on one paticular Mustang site, and I see threads all the time of guys complaining about their cheap, junkey interiors.
I would hate to see those guys drive an Fbody for a week. Yeah, I do think it's "hands down" that much nicer lol. (talking about 99-04) Seriously the newest GT's are more on par with GTO interiors IMO.

Still awaiting a word on what the "leather" is made of.......
Old 03-19-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

I love the twig snapping sound the turn signal lever makes most of all.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

torque and t-tops
Old 03-19-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
Dude come on lol. If you can even tell me what GMs "leather" is, I will let it slide that you said the Camaro has a nicer interior, let alone the fact your defending the Fbody as a car with nice interior that is built well. (aside from the motor)

I've said it before. The Mustang has HANDS DOWN a one million times nicer interior and is built more solid, but look at the cheap *** POS motor they put in it. They are both cheap sports cars, you have to give and take with them. You can't have the best of both worlds. So for those that don't understand...

Fbody: My as well sit on a crate interior / Bad *** LS1 that destroys all.

Mustang: Nice as hell interior. Very, very comfortable / Motor that can be beaten from a roll by a big wheel.

Give/Take.
I never said the Fbody interiors were nice or well put together in general, I just said that at that price and performance level, you'll have trouble finding another car with a nicer interior. Similar, possibly, but like you said, you're gonna have to give and take on price, performance, and styling.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

I never said the Fbody interiors were nice or well put together in general, I just said that at that price and performance level, you won't find another car with a nicer interior. Similar, possibly, but like you said, you're gonna have to give and take on price, performance, and styling.
In all fairness at the price AND performance level, I really don't think it has any competition.

That's like bragging because you beat yourself in basketball. Haha I kid I kid....
Old 03-19-2008, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I love the twig snapping sound the turn signal lever makes most of all.
YESSSS!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the passenger seat and how hot girls wearing tank-tops look in it with the T-tops down!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BadGTho
as far as i'm concerned, my T/A is an LS1 & T56 in a shitty GM wrapper with a cool hood. i have no affinity towards the car, but that motor and tranny are unparalleled in just about anything else on the street.

how do you guys feel?
I couldn't agree more.

Except my hood sucks, too.

But I just couldn't resist making my 4th F-body an M6 LS1.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Teching In

1) the look on someones face the first time you drop the hammer
2)the adrenaline rush that comes when you corner fast enough you stuggle to stay in the seat but the ride is holding tight to the road
3) droppin the top