General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

how to peel out

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummmmm..........nevermind, it's pointless. How do you "peel out" lol. Mine as many other's on here will do it just off idle. That was with 3.42's, now imagine 4.10's 4.10's=tire molester
Old 03-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned

how can i burn out with the least damage to my 10 bolt and clutch??
Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get more mods. and ^^ there is no such thing lol
Old 03-24-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Ok seriously. It's cake. You're going to laugh at yourself after you do it a couple times.

Just hit the gas real fast a couple times ( rev it to like 4~) That will EASILY spin the tires. When you reach your RPM goal, let off the clutch while putting the gas to the floor simultaneously. If that doesn't do it, I'm not sure what will.

Funny thing is I sold the SS and now own the monstrosity behind it. Hate myself.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slayerized6
i wanna know how to spin the tires on my t/a,. i cant get it right. ive tried dumping the clutch at 3k rpm, but the car just jerks then goes foward (do i have to add more gas as i dump the clutch?). ive also tried letting the clutch out fast at 3k (but not dumping), but i get a hard launch with no wheel spin.
wow.. i just spat out my breakfast all over the keyboard.

this dude owes me a new computer!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slayerized6
what rpm are you dumping it at?
I really dont think about it, i just do it. Maybe around 3 or 4 and then dump it and quickly floor the gas
Old 03-24-2008, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

When I had BFG KDWS's I could floor it from sitting still and spin all I wanted. But with my new goodyear f1 eagle gs d3's it hooks and shoots like a rocket but im not really complaining because Im not to into burning off tires that expensive.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Launching!

If you're looking to peel out, just start moving like you normally do and just hammer the gas. Works best when you're turning, like out of a parking lot.

If you're looking to do a burnout... what I do is clutch in with my left foot. Left side of my right foot I pump the brakes a few times first just to build pressure, then I push the brake pedal until I know the brakes are starting to catch. I roll the right side of my right foot into the gas to 4,000, then just pop the clutch by sliding my foot off of it. If you start moving forward a little bit, apply a little more force to the brake pedal. Just keep the RPM at 4,000-5,000 and you're good. Half-way through I usually let off the brakes and just jam the gas and start doing doughnuts, while watching the rpm. I don't ever go past 5,000.

That was also before I got my KDWs :-/ Anyone have any 17" steel wheels?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Drive around till you find a sheet of ice and let'em rip.

But yeah, popping the clutch at 2000 RPM will spin the tires. Don't go too much higher as your 10 bolt won't like it, especially if you have wheel hop. If you feel the wheels starting to hop, get out of it QUICK.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

HOW TO DO A BURNOUT/PEEL OUT

Automatic-

1. Disable Traction Control
2. Stand on the Brake
3. Floor it and allow the tires to start spinning.
4. jump off the brake and speed away like a ricer.

Manual-

1.Disable Traction Control
2.Engage Clutch and First Gear
3. Hold revs at 4,000RPM's and higher
4. Drop Clutch and mash the brakes.
5. Let off the brakes and speed away like a ricer.

Burnouts are for wetboxes. and for getting your big toughman point across!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man this last fall when i was putting the vette into storage it was about 40*'s out and i broke 'em loose at 80mph. Just follow the instructions in the owners manual. It talks all about how to wreck the parts in the car and where your closest stealership is to fix it lol kidding though just bring up the RPM's to about 3500-4000 this time let the clutch out fast and slide the foot to the brake. Works just fine for me everytime i hit the track~Cole~

P.S. MOST of the guys/girls here are looking for ways to make their cars NOT Peel out and hook up. You should share with us how you manage to NOT burn off the tires just playin' with ya a little man

Last edited by Cole Train; 03-24-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
man this last fall when i was putting the vette into storage it was about 40*'s out and i broke 'em loose at 80mph. Just follow the instructions in the owners manual. It talks all about how to wreck the parts in the car and where your closest stealership is to fix it lol kidding though just bring up the RPM's to about 3500-4000 this time let the clutch out fast and slide the foot to the brake. Works just fine for me everytime i hit the track~Cole~

P.S. MOST of the guys/girls here are looking for ways to make their cars NOT Peel out and hook up. You should share with us how you manage to NOT burn off the tires just playin' with ya a little man
everytime i tried before ive been hooking like crazy, i might chirp the tires for a second but thats was it. I just wanted to spin the tires for show i guess. now after reading these posts ive been lighting up the neighborhood
Old 03-24-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black99T\A
just dont get too cocky and try doin it goin sideways or around a curve and wreck. even from a start if you get too crazy and you dont know what your doing you can loose it fast
I used to do that kind of stuff when i first got my camaro(minus the wrecking) its how you learn what your car can do and how you learn.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
Burning the tires from a standstill is easy. clutch in... right foot full throttle... then let the clutch out as fast as you can or even let let your foot slip off the edge.

Heating them up at the track is a different story. You have to practice starting the burnout by giving gas and brake at the same time with the right foot.. then after you let the clutch out switch to left foot brake. At least that is how I used to do it. Its much better and easier to get a line lock on an M6 car though. Just watch that you are spinning the tires... an not the clutch.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Cef2p2B4k
Ok seriously. How do you not know that your not doing a burnout? You can feel the rear end get loose and weird. Also did he just not let his clutch out completely?

"Your not to bright are you"
"No..."
"Perfect"

Love the Italian Job
Old 03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by link138
I always do it in 2nd gear, I can leaves marks for football fields(slight exaggeration)
Always in 2nd gear for a manual for me in every rwd vehicle I have driven. SOOo much easier and better than in 1st gear
Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you have 4.10's or lower use second to heat the tires. Roll backwards slowly revit up dump hold the brake while holding rpm's steady...let out
Old 03-25-2008, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

This is how I did my burnout to heat my M/T et street radials at the track. With you right foot put your heel on the brake and toe on the gas. In second gear rev to 4000 with the brake engaged with your right heel and let out the clutch. Feather the brake not to give it to much and then slightly let out of the brake to bring the car forward. If you have small feet it could be much harder to do but the pedals are close together so its not difficult.

I can understand not knowing if your not getting much wheel spin because with a open header and little interior its god awful loud.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: how to peel out