General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

doors are too damn long

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Sorry man, I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't like your car. Actaully my comments back and fourth to another poster above were a carry-over from another thread about some people hating these cars besides the engine and trans.
Yep, just messin with you man.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i choose my parking spot carefully and walk extra most of the time.....no all of the time excuse me.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nrs2420
just last night my manager was giving me trouble for taking up two spots. I never park in one spot. I go to the end of the parking lot and take up as many as I want.
I wouldn't recommend taking up two spaces. I'm the kind of d!ck that parks 8 inches from people who do that.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
i choose my parking spot carefully and walk extra most of the time.....no all of the time excuse me.
I always try to park next to the nicest car in the lot. One that the owner appears to take car of. That way at least one side of the car won't get dinged.

GM has liked long doors for a long time. My brother had a '70 Buick Gran Sport that I was lucky enough to be able to drive in high school. It was a seafoam green/blue color with white top, white leather interior.... I'm still trying to find that car or one like it.

Long doors just look better on a 2 door car.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:51 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can make these doors relatively light. My 93 isn't going to have crash bars or speakers in them. That's about 15lbs out of each door. I always have people who don't close the door all the way. They don't realize how heavy they are and try to pull them shut. One of my friends is completely incapable of closing the door. He just can't figure it out for some odd reason.

Originally Posted by nrs2420
just last night my manager was giving me trouble for taking up two spots. I never park in one spot. I go to the end of the parking lot and take up as many as I want.
I do that where I work too. I park in the very back that never fills up and double park. Either than or I park in the parking garage.

Originally Posted by cool whip
I wouldn't recommend taking up two spaces. I'm the kind of d!ck that parks 8 inches from people who do that.
I'm the kind of dick that likes to kick those sort of people's cars.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cool whip

well it's not like I do that close to the building. I'm far out.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

take up two spaces here = get your car purposefully banged up or get a parking ticket or both. Parking here at college is tight so you'd be hated for life taking more than one space.