General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Something I found about gas...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...wtf
Old 03-29-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Some excellent posts here about internet spam. I also received this and I immediately thought it was a crock. How are underground tanks, especially in the frozen north, going to warm up during the day, and in just a few hours yet??? Defies common sense and I'm glad to see others post the same thing. You ever try putting in a fence post on an April day after a long winter? Frozen or ice cold dirt just 3 feet down. It takes a long time for the earth to warm up every Spring and Summer, then the reverse is true later in the year. It doesn't fluctuate daily. Almost every e/mail 'forward' is either made up or photoshop garbage. I'm sure there are a few good ones but overall.... it must be nice to have that much time on your hands to create this stuff. The phony ones almost always start with, "I am an expert", or "I represent...." to give their little message a feeling of authenticity. While the company may be real there is never a name or e/mail address to follow up on the authenticity.
An additional note: BP and Amoco merged back in the 90's, if i remember correctly, with BP getting the station name but using the Amoco fuel brand name. It is great fuel and I have used it since 1996 on my LT1 and LS1 cars. No issues in nearly 12 years now.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good write up, and conoco phillips is majorly aginst america owning firearms so if you want to keep firearms in america to not fill up at those stations.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I got it in an email but it could still be true. Some of the stuff really doesnt make sense but I'm not a professional in the field so I will try it. If you dont think it is true then dont do it