General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Help!

Jest of the story: went through a big puddle on the way home this morning, and noticed that when i stopped at a red light, it started idling like complete ****, like it was about to die. Started moving, still drove like ****. Came home, cut the carr off. Cranked back up again and still did it. I gave it a spirited drive out in a parking lot, and noticed that after about 60% throttle, it doesn't do it anymore. Question is, what happened and how can I fix it? I'm thinking I got water in the air filter and/or motor, but the car didn't cut out so I'm not sure... Any help will be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may have hydrolocked the motor could be bad.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Probably a bit of water in the intake, if you can let her sit for a little bit, it may help dry it out. How big of a puddle was it?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Im thinking you got some electirical components wet. water doesnt compress so i dont imagine that you got water in the combustion chambers and it still be running.. could have soaked your o2 sensors or something just let it dry out and see if it keeps doing that.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Funny thing, because it started throwing Fuel/Air metering codes at me. It was all a big coincidence. Nothing got wet, just my PCV elbow tore up and the PCV valve was done for. Ripped both off another intake I have lying around, and that stopped the jerky bullshit that it was doing, but it was still running rich. So naturally, I blame the MAF. I've got three others so that was replaced, but I guess it made the 02s take a **** on me because it's still chugging gas. Next is the 02s... Too bad I don't have any of those lying around eh?!

An off-topic question: why are PCV valves GROUNDED?

And 2_wacko: Wouldn't hydrolocking my motor cause the car to die?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyderTA
Probably a bit of water in the intake, if you can let her sit for a little bit, it may help dry it out. How big of a puddle was it?
Imagine three bathtubs. Then spread the water out evenly throughout 15 square feet.