General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How did you finance your LS1

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both my 98 Blue TA and my White 01 were bought outright, and I got the 98 when I was 18. I borrowed through Capital One for the one in my sig because I still have the white 01. Once I sell that I'll be paying the rest of the WS6 off, my score is close to 750 though and I'm 22 now.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i paid for my 01 ws6 cash, usually u get the car cheaper that way
Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Just keep in mind, it's not just your credit score that matters. Trust me, I've found that out the hard way. I currently have around a 720-740 credit score but can't get a loan due to "too many inquiries on my credit within the last 60 days ( because I opened 2 new credit card accounts, only to transfer balances from other high interest credit cards to the new ones at 0% for 15 months and I also closed the old credit card accounts once the balances were transferred). Just because of 2 newly opened accounts I can't get a loan right now. So be sure not to apply for any other credit while you are going through this process. I don't know who you bank with, but my first try would be with a bank. My bank gave me what I wanted regardless of value of the car. Otherwise, I would try capital one. I really like their flexibility on buying. Also like others mentioned, getting a co-signer will definitely help get your rate down and increase your chances of getting approved.

On a side note, I'm sure you've done your research, but I'm just curious... why the switch in cars? The only thing I can figure in your situation would be to get something a little cheaper? I know I am in the market right now for another car and the only thing holding me back from getting an f-bod is the thought of driving one as a daily driver (but I want one really bad!). From my experience (which to be honest is lacking in f-bods) a mustang has a little more comfortable interior and ease of driving (i.e long nose of the f-bod). It also doesn't have the rear diff issues. Just wondering what your thoughts were on a comparison between the 2. Wow, sorry for the long post.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Its not that I dont like the cobra, its just that I am trying to get into something a little bit cheaper at the moment so I can pay some bills off and find a new apartment. BTW, Its not stock either ( CAI, Full Exhaust, Port, Tune ~495rwhp). Its a great car, and I may end up keeping it...who knows. But I do like the look of the Fbody's and would really like to find a WS6 in excellent condition, but that would defeat the purpose of selling my car due to the high price of them right now.....I dont know what I want to do, LOL
Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

bought mine at an auction for $2,000 CASH MONEY BABY!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Yeah, but I want a perfect condition 01-02 WS6, M6,..FLAWLESS. There's just something about having a car thats in immaculate condition...
So if I do end up getting an Fbod' its gonna have to be a damn nice one, preferably that has hardly been driven.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brady_f
yeah I'm looking to get an fbody in place of the cobra. Unfortunately I'm not really going to make any substantial cash off the cobra so I'm looking at financing the full amount of the SS or WS6. I'm gonna give capital one a call and see if they can give me a loan even if the KBB value is less than what I'm paying for the car.
why the hell would you go from a cobra to an f-body???? talk about a down grade.. unless yours is on of those that was ragged the heck out then return to stock then sold to a dealer and you payed way to much for it..
Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Try going through lending tree. I got an awesome rate on my 02 WS6. 12K loan with a 6.15% interest rate over 5 years.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 98 ws6 when it was 5 years old, no issue getting a load for 12,000

Ryan
Old 04-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow
I bought my 98 ws6 when it was 5 years old, no issue getting a load for 12,000

Ryan
Whoa, 5 years old and no issue getting a load?? J/K..thanks for all the help guys
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is the capitol one, "blank check" program an option? I believe my credit is right around 1690's the last time i checked, and I know my parents is phenomenal so would I have a problem using Capital One?

I used the Capitol One blank check, it was very easy. I was going to go through my bank, but the terms were basically the same and the Cap 1 was easier to do, so I went that route.

On a side note, don't pay 16k for one of these. These are, at the newest, 6 year old cars. 16K is way too much unless it's a extrememly clean limited edition with super low mileage.

If you can afford 13k right now, stick with that. You should be able to find a good example for that price.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but I want a perfect condition 01-02 WS6, M6,..FLAWLESS. There's just something about having a car thats in immaculate condition...
So if I do end up getting an Fbod' its gonna have to be a damn nice one, preferably that has hardly been driven.
Is this car going to be your DD? It's kind of a waste of money to buy a car in immaculate shape if you don't have anything else to drive. That first door ding will make you cry!

I bought mine to be a driver....the interior is extremely clean, but the car isn't flawless by any means. Which means I don't mind so much when it sits out in the rain or gets bird **** and road grime on it.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work at a bank and wouldn't suggest trying to finance through Capital One. They sucked when I had them for my old car. To be honest I wouldn't even go through my bank. I would suggest your local credit union. Dealers themselves typically go through them. They will usually offer better rates.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I saved for 3 years and paid in full.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

How come your not able to sell the cobra, pay off the loan or whatever you owe on it and put the rest of it down on a ws6. 03-04 cobras arnt cheap.

Plus why are you switching?? I would take a few cars over my ws6. A 03-04 cobra is one of them! Oh, I'm 19 too. I owe 4k on mine.