General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

I have an '02 Trans Am. Just put a dry kit on it and since i no longer have a radio in the car, i want to use the "preset" button on the steering wheel for the nitrous activation.

Does anyone know what wires go to that control? There is a bundle of wires coming out of the back of the steering column- but it is nearly impossible to trace which one are going to that control.

Take the steering wheel off maybe?

Anybody know which wires i need to use?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Teching In

You could probably figure it out probing around with a test light. But honestly, you would probably be better off with a toggle switch somewhere rather than the preset button, as its easy to bump and you wouldnt know when the juice is on. Thats just asking problems either accidentally turning it on or wanting it on and having it off...
Old 05-09-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i like the stealth idea but you could hide a toggle.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1FastFox
You could probably figure it out probing around with a test light. But honestly, you would probably be better off with a toggle switch somewhere rather than the preset button, as its easy to bump and you wouldnt know when the juice is on. Thats just asking problems either accidentally turning it on or wanting it on and having it off...

I'm sure you could rig up a small led system, red dot for disarmed, green dot for armed.

It'd be cool to wire it so you had to hit two switches at the same time to arm it.