General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What to do next???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do next???

Ok guy's, so ive come to a crossroads basically. Im hopefully, gonna be getting the new exhaust system at the end of the month, or early June. Ive already got my SLP LoudMouth II Muffler, fixing to order Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats & get a set of tips locally at the end of this week.

So ive been thinking, after the Exhaust system. What should i go for next???

Appearance or Performance Mods????

Appearance: Berger Panel, Halo's, Rims, SS Spoiler & a Hood. Your typical exterior appearence mods & etc...

Performance: Headers, Cam, Entire Suspension mods (Torque Arms, Springs, Shocks & etc.)

Im just kind of lost as what to go for next, after the new Exhaust. Appearance to the car is pretty stock other then Tint, Rear Inserts, SLP logo on windshield & license plate frame on rear from SLP. Any help on trying to decide on what to do next would be great guys...
Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

It depends on you really after I got my full exhaust (LT's, cat-back) and intake I went to the rim's but my next mod is going to be cam and stall but its different for me because I have a corvette but if I was in you I would def go with headers before anything else that will be one of your biggest gains then i would do rim's next even if you just get the basic C6 wheel C5 wheel whatever that a pertty inexpensive mod you car do and if you have 17's on the car already they you could use your stock tires and really save money. I wouldn't focus just on one kind of do both but def get the headers first thats just my
.02 cents
Old 05-13-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

**** the appearance mods, go with the performance first. You don't want a good looking slow car
Old 05-13-2008, 04:12 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
**** the appearance mods, go with the performance first. You don't want a good looking slow car
F body's were born looking good, so start with the performance 'mods...
Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm, yeaa you know what guy's. I i am gonna go after some Headers, my friend from work has been telling me to throw some header's on it too. I originally wanted to do the Headers/New Exhaust system all together but since 1 of my Catalytic Converter's is broken. Im gonna go ahead and do the Exhaust system now.

Plus there's always ppl around here, looking like they wanna race me over & over. Hopefully, when they hear the rumble from the headers + new exhaust system. They'll back off some...and im talking mainly trucks & weaker car's. Hardly get to line up against an F-Body.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

Mix it up a bit.Go with headers first tho. Keep switching from one to the other and you will slowly and a bad *** show car!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get a hood, it will make a big difference in the look of your car.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Mix it up a bit.Go with headers first tho. Keep switching from one to the other and you will slowly and a bad *** show car!
Yea, i think im gonna do that. Go with Headers 1st as you said, then either interior or exterior mods. I can probably manage to do some small interior mods, while savin up for the Headers. Like say, change the shift **** & add a boot to it. I need to get rid of the RED in the interior, it dont go with my theme. So yea, i will be mixing it up as you said.